Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
22,066 Posts
Olympic final: Puig def. (2) Kerber 6-4, 4-6, 6-1

Monica Puig, Olympic champion :hearts:. Amazing. Just amazing. I am well and truly speechless. So proud.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Historic result and a complete performance from start to finish to go with it.

Well done Monica. :yeah: :eek:

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,163 Posts
Re: Olympic final: Puig def. (2) Kerber 6-4, 4-6, 6-1

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,023 Posts
Rio 2016 Gold Medal Match: Monica Puig (PUR) def. [2]Angelique Kerber (GER) 64 46 61

Monica :bowdown::eek:

So impressed with her this olympic! :speakles:
Beating 3 grand slam champions Muguruza, Kvitova and Kerber to get her gold!

Her game when on is such a joy to watch!

First ever Puerto Rican to win gold in the olympics!

·
Art & Futures
20,453 Posts
YESSSS!!! Go Puig!!!!

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,186 Posts
Re: Rio 2016 Gold Medal Match: Monica Puig (PUR) def. [2]Angelique Kerber (GER) 64 46

Beating the current RG championesse, a two time Wimbledon champ AND the current AO winner in a row in this way is unbelieveable.
ALL BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the new Olympic Gold Medalist, first of her country. :bowdown:
This tournament she wanted to win from the start of 2016 it seems.

She painted the lines every time. Angie was without chance to resist this permanent pressure (and all the netcords in 1st and 2nd set). The Puerto Rican was on a mission.for her country.
But Angie, you gave your best, it's the silver medal though. My deepest respect for the fight you put into this highest quality match.

Again congrats both ladies for this performance! :yeah:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Congrats Monica, :cheer: The mental toughness she showed in that 3rd set to close out the match and in all this tournament as a whole is quite impressive.:surprise: Got a little bit emotional for her.:inlove: First woman to win gold for her country? Wow! What an achievement :hatoff:

·
*PLAYING TENNIS*
2,055 Posts
Outstanding. So proud of Monica.

Reactions: tennisislaw

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Brasil is with you, Monica! This is a win to all poor countries in America! A true fairy tale story!

This is the olympics in America! Passionate and surprising!

Lets all enjoy the puerto rican anthem be played for the first time at an olympic podium!

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Puig: beautiful victory!!! :bowdown:

What a great accomplishment for her country! :hatoff:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

What a performance by Monica! Congrats!!

Amazing last game full of amazing shots and clutch plays. Great fight and effort from Angie as well :hug:

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Stunning! What an inspiring story. She was just fearless. 2016 just keeps on giving.

Reactions: mememe

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
:bigcry: I am so happy for Monica!!! You go girl!! Top of the podium, Olympic Gold Medalist!! :bigcry:

Angelique :hug:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Tears of joy right now! I am so proud of Monica and am overjoyed for her!!!!! My God, what a wonderful olympics this has been!!!!

1 - 20 of 369 Posts