Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
Vania has taken a very tight first set 7-5. Jodie had a set point with Vania serving a 4-5 but couldn't take it. Unfortunately she then got broken in her next game. Had a BP to take it to a tiebreak but couldn't get that either and eventually Vania held to take the set.

Lots of close games so far.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
It was very close. Jodie had opportunities but Vania was bulletproof on BPs. 6 out of 6 saved. One or two points and this could have looked very different.

Jodie was going for it on serve: 7 aces, 7 double faults.

Overall it was a great effort! :yeah:

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
R2: Lisa Whybourn [1] def. Jodie Burrage 6-2 4-6 6-2

Nice try Jodie. Made it close with a player who mainly operates at 25k level. Signs of continuing improvement.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
She's not getting blown away on the pro circuit. It's promising.

Was a break down early in the second set to Zheng but fought back to level. Only got broken right at the end unfortunately.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
Draw is out for Nike Junior International at Roehampton.

Jodie plays qualifier Lea Boskovic in R1.

They played once before; Jodie lost to her in straight sets on clay in Hungary last year.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
R2: Jodie Anna BURRAGE (GBR) def. Maria Lourdes CARLE (ARG) 6-2 6-7(3) 6-3

Also worth pointing out that this week Jodie is back on the WTA rankings - #1163! :D

This is thanks to 1 point each from qualies in Eastbourne and Birmingham, and 2 points from the Chiswick $10k last summer.

Her career high is #990 in 2015 with the Barnstaple $25k being the biggest contributor. Hopefully she can smash that later this year.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
Jodie beats the rain and storms into the semi-finals! :D

QF: Jodie Anna BURRAGE (GBR) def. Taylor JOHNSON (USA) 6-1 6-2

She plays top seed Olesya Pervushina. First meeting.

She's in the SFs of the doubles too with Panna Udvardy. Having a great week so far.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
SF: Pervushina [1] def. Burrage 7-6(4) 6-4

:hug:

Very close and great effort by Jodie this week. Bodes well for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Pretty good week, didn't beat anyone outstanding but got the job done. I'm disappointed she didn't nab a set today though - I had a feeling as soon as it went to the TB that she'd lose it. She's 2-10 in TBs this year now :tape:

Made it into the doubles final here as well where they'll play Potapova and Pervushina.

I have a feeling she'll flop next week but I'd like to be proven to be wrong.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
:bounce:

Doubles F: Jodie BURRAGE (GBR) / Panna UDVARDY (HUN) [7]def. Olesya PERVUSHINA (RUS) / Anastasia POTAPOVA (RUS) [1] 2-6 6-4 [15-13]

What a close match but they beat the top seeds (also the singles finalists)! Well done Jodie and Panna. :yeah:

21 - 40 of 411 Posts