Tennis Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
235 Posts
Having Serena,Azarenka and Maria back is great for women's tennis. Halep and Svitolina have been in charge of the tournaments. I'm happy that those three are back :hysteric:

The shade though :hysteric:

Stop trying to group Serena along with Sharapova and Azarenka .

Serena owns them and is not even in the same universe as those two.

·
Registered
635 Posts
"She" need to certify it many times... all said :shrug:
Because people are continually attacking her despite her having done nothing wrong except being born with naturally occurring high testosterone.

As much as binary gender is convenient to stuff like sports classifications, folks who fall somewhere in between due to variations in sex characteristics (intersex – seriously, if this term is alien to you, look it up; awareness is way too low and it's not as uncommon as you think) do exist, and they are human beings just like the rest of us. I don't like the 'othering' treatment they so often face.

I'm not sure how Caster Semenya came into this discussion, but please leave her alone.

·
Registered
83,560 Posts
Because people are continually attacking her despite her having done nothing wrong except being born with naturally occurring high testosterone.

As much as binary gender is convenient to stuff like sports classifications, folks who fall somewhere in between due to variations in sex characteristics (intersex – seriously, if this term is alien to you, look it up; awareness is way too low and it's not as uncommon as you think) do exist, and they are human beings just like the rest of us. I don't like the 'othering' treatment they so often face.

I'm not sure how Caster Semenya came into this discussion, but please leave her alone.
One Serena hater bring her in...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oops... :eek:h: I wonder wjy OP left that part out :confused:
It was not left out Ed. It was taken from the WTA website. That is all they quoted from her press conference. Seeing as how she said nothing bad regarding Maria anyway I would have posted it in full If it had been available from the WTA website where it was taken from.

Now troll onwards

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

The same way Serena was introduced. I do not hate on Serena but I do not like Sharapova haters, I only respond, I do not initiate.

·
Registered
83,560 Posts
The same way Serena was introduced.
Serena and Maria are parts of tennis history..what has Caster to to with that?

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Did someone say Caster Semenya?

I love her :hearts:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Having Serena,Azarenka and Maria back is great for women's tennis. Halep and Svitolina have been in charge of the tournaments. I'm happy that those three are back :hysteric:

The shade though :hysteric:
The nerve to say that when she's not even Top 100 material :hysteric:
She didn't mention Woz, so I'm guessing she's only shading the players she dislikes.

She sounds more like a TF poster than a WTA player. Wonder if she's lurking in this thread right now :lol:

·
Registered
83,560 Posts

·
Registered
27,026 Posts
The nerve to say that when she's not even Top 100 material :hysteric:
She didn't mention Woz, so I'm guessing she's only shading the players she dislikes.

She sounds more like a TF poster than a WTA player. Wonder if she's lurking in this thread right now :lol:
Where's the lie in what she said though :eek:h:?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts