Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where it all came from but Richard (of late) has been an AMAZING example for all other tennis parents. Orecene clapped at one of Maria's winners when she was serving for the match!
Who would do that now-a-days!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
Richard also hugged Sharapova's father after the win. Have never seen that before (of tennis parents at Grand Slams, I mean).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,167 Posts
Sharapova's father is disguesting. Why did they let him coach? They should take the Platter from her because of this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,006 Posts
I think that they need to spend more time cheering on their kids and conforting Serena after that loss than kissing these other players arse. Sorry, but thats just my opinion.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,012 Posts
DelMonte said:
Richard also hugged Sharapova's father after the win. Have never seen that before (of tennis parents at Grand Slams, I mean).
me either. it was funny but great :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,965 Posts
DelMonte said:
Richard also hugged Sharapova's father after the win. Have never seen that before (of tennis parents at Grand Slams, I mean).
Marisa Vicario (Arantxa's mom) and Heidi Graf (Steffi's mom) used to hug and kiss each other after their daughters' Slam finals, regardless of who won.
 

·
Golden State Of Mind
Joined
·
5,649 Posts
Oracene has always been gracious and even applauds the opponets winners and just good overall play.

It's interesting how Maria's father is not being taken to task for his displays in the friends/family box while Richard was blasted.

I think Richard and Oracene were wonderful and I think Richard in particular has mellowed, but I think Yetunde's death has also had a part in that attitude.

Either way, the Williams' were class acts today and through out the whole tournament.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,742 Posts
samn said:
Marisa Vicario (Arantxa's mom) and Heidi Graf (Steffi's mom) used to hug and kiss each other after their daughters' Slam finals, regardless of who won.
Im was about to say that..but the thing is it took them about 10 years to hug and kiss after seeing their daughters in the finals so many times against each other. lol

BUT this is the first GS final for these 2 parents to meet and they handled it pretty well..Richard has been 1st class this whole tournament. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,742 Posts
o yea is it just me or did Serena hug an opponent other then Venus! :eek:
 

·
.
Joined
·
49,001 Posts
Um...Oracene has always been gracious.

I don't know why so many people expect the Williams to be crude, classless, arrogant fools all the time, and then are surprised when they are gracious and humble.

OK, Richard maybe, but not venus, Serena or Oracene!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,755 Posts
I did think that Oracene and Richard were extremely gracious. I was thinking during the match when they showed Mr. Sharapov yelling and fist pumping that all that forceful cheering would be getting on my last nerve if I were either Oracene or Richard. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,965 Posts
Julian said:
Im was about to say that..but the thing is it took them about 10 years to hug and kiss after seeing their daughters in the finals so many times against each other. lol
Well, yeah, that's true :) And considering how long some of those finals were, both moms must have aged at least 10 additional years during each of those marathons. The nicest touch came during that pivotal 11th game of the 1995 final when Heidi just shook her head and gave Marisa a look that seemed to say, "How much more of this can our hearts take?".

BUT this is the first GS final for these 2 parents to meet and they handled it pretty well..Richard has been 1st class this whole tournament. :)
Oracene has always been very classy, so it's not a surprise at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
samn said:
Marisa Vicario (Arantxa's mom) and Heidi Graf (Steffi's mom) used to hug and kiss each other after their daughters' Slam finals, regardless of who won.
Really? I don't even remember that! Cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,126 Posts
Serendy Willick said:
I think that they need to spend more time cheering on their kids and conforting Serena after that loss than kissing these other players arse. Sorry, but thats just my opinion.
:rolleyes:

They always support their children
no matter what! :p

IMO, they're being great rolemodels for
their children and grandchildren.

Being gracious in defeat as well as victory.

Orecene has always been gracious to the other player
win or lose. And it was great thing to see Richard
hugging Maria's father.

It was a difficult journey for both families in their
own right to get to where they are and Richard
can appreciate and respect that.

Maria was just the better player today.

Richard made no bones when Venus lost
and makes none now.

It was a beautiful thing to see! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,289 Posts
Kim ruthlessly bearhugs everyone though! There's a pic of her hugging Justine after they won Fed Cup that looks as though she's trying to wrestle Justine to the ground! ;)

Sorry, on topic, I thought Richard hugging Yuri was very sweet. :) I think both families have a lot in common and they probably see that. Serena smiled at Maria's speech and, understandably, since they're the most recent two teenaged GS winners. Richard & Yuri have made many sacrifices for their daughters - it's unsuprising that they get on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
saki said:
Kim ruthlessly bearhugs everyone though! There's a pic of her hugging Justine after they won Fed Cup that looks as though she's trying to wrestle Justine to the ground! ;)

Sorry, on topic, I thought Richard hugging Yuri was very sweet. :) I think both families have a lot in common and they probably see that. Serena smiled at Maria's speech and, understandably, since they're the most recent two teenaged GS winners. Richard & Yuri have made many sacrifices for their daughters - it's unsuprising that they get on.
:haha: :haha: :haha: That's Kimmy-I-love-you-all, alright! Now she's a right laugh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,846 Posts
saki said:
Kim ruthlessly bearhugs everyone though! There's a pic of her hugging Justine after they won Fed Cup that looks as though she's trying to wrestle Justine to the ground! ;)
Yeah, Kim is the super-hug person...look at this pic after the FO (and look at Justine´s right hand, is she going to box Kimmy?)

The Williams: nice and gracious losers! Thumbs uppp for this!
Mr. Sharapov: Ask your daughter if she will buy a pair of new sun-glasses for you, the recent one look a bit deformed :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
Richard and Oracene showed how their daughters have the stength of character and the whole family was an example of class and dignity.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top