Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll say. I suppose Tim will win it.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030518/ts_alt_afp/britain_us_tennis_henman_030518003623

U.S. National - AFP

White House big-hitter Rice to serve up British tennis star: report
Sat May 17, 8:36 PM ET Add U.S. National - AFP to My Yahoo!

LONDON (AFP) - Top British tennis player Tim Henman has accepted an invitation to play US national security adviser Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) when he visits Washington for a tournament in July, a London newspaper reported.

AFP Photo

Rice, said to be passionate about tennis, will hit a few balls with Henman when he visits Washington for the Legg Mason Classic, a tournament on the men's professional tour, according to The Sunday Times.

Henman's agent, quoted in the weekly, said the player had "agreed to play" Rice.

The security adviser was a frequent doubles partner of Britain's former ambassador to the United States, Christopher Meyer, during games played out on the embassy tennis court prior to his return to London in March.

"I found her a very fit, competitive player with a very powerful serve," The Sunday Times quoted Meyer as saying.

The embassy tennis court has for a long time been seen as a good place for British officials to make contacts with senior White House figures.

The paper said Rice and Meyer began playing tennis together in 2001 and that their warm relationship proved a key component in the close contacts that developed between London and Washington following the September 11 terror attacks on the United States of that year.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Keith said:
Well, If I beat Tim Henman 6-0, then this guy could beat him!
ROTFLMFAO...Mr know it all does not know who the US National Security Advisor is...Shamefull... :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts