Start at 11:00
J.KONTA
[26]
M.VONDROUSOVA

:eek:

·
Registered
34,180 Posts
:tears: this is really lame that they're not putting one of them on Chatrier when matches there aren't even starting until two hours later. Do they really expect a latter round of a WTA slam to last that long :lol:? They also really should not be held at the same time — I get doing that out of desperation at the end of a rain-plagued day, but to plan it this way really is disrespectful.

That said, hard to complain much. Yes there are two very talented youngsters in the semifinals so these matches could ultimately be seen as "star is born" moments, but no one (relative to the men's) is going to be watching these matches :yawn:.

·
Registered
115,503 Posts
Whoops! Under the radar opposite Federer/Nadal

·
Art & Futures
21,153 Posts
They also have to play early so they can have good rest for the finals the next day.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Suzanne Lenglen & Simonne Mathieu are fine courts. No complaints here.
Odd to have singles SFs outside of Philippe-Chatrier but they have no other choice.
They have to finish the women SF matches on Friday.

·
Registered
115,503 Posts
At least the first match is not opposite Federer/Nadal, so it gets on tv, on a Friday morning

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
They have to do it cos of the weather but it is a shame that 3 of the semi-finalists have only had 1 match on Chartrier and one has had zero.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I guess it's for the best that we won't see a dead empty Philippe-Chatrier for one of those matches. I bet even Simonne-Mathieu is not gonne be full.
Simmone-Mathieu has been full for almost every match regardless if its a men’s or women’s match.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly no other solution but this one. Friday ticket holders did pay for Men's SF.

And it's a clever decision to play the women's SFs on two courts at 11 as the weather forecast for the day ain't good (before 6pm).

At least it's fair for the players even if it's not ideal for the viewers or women's tennis.
Pleeease ! Friday doesn't look good at all weatherwise. There's a big chance the 2ns men's SF might not finish on Friday (another desperate attempt to screw Djokovic by RG officials). Plus Konta/Vondrousova on the parking lot ? Really ? Talk about "clever"...

·
La nuit je mens
87,976 Posts
Pleeease ! Friday doesn't look good at all weatherwise. There's a big chance the 2ns men's SF might not finish on Friday (another desperate attempt to screw Djokovic by RG officials). Plus Konta/Vondrousova on the parking lot ? Really ? Talk about "clever"...
What would you do that is so clever to save the day then ???

Calling a brand new court with 5k seats parking lot :spit: Grow up.

And Friday looks quite ok after 4pm actually.

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
:spit: The Court Simonne Mathieu is everything but a parking lot. It's a beautiful court and I've read that both the crowd and players enjoy being/playing there. :yeah:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What would you do that is so clever to save the day then ???

Calling a brand new court with 5k seats parking lot :spit: Grow up.

And Friday looks quite ok after 4pm actually.
I'm no pseudo-feminist but tomorrow's schedule is very disrespectful to women's tennis.
And may I remind you that no 4th round match have been played on S.Matheu (except for Anisimova/Bolsova, but that one was moved from Lenglen because of the Nishikori/Paire match).
Here's what a sensible schedule would look like for Friday:

12:00 start

Chatrier : women's SF
Fed/Nadal

Lenglen : women's SF
The other men's SF

1 - 20 of 193 Posts