Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The average rating for RG has been .07 while the average for the NBA finals is .064

:D :cool: :eek:

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about but if womens tennis beats blacketball then they are doing something right :bounce:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
He is referring to the average rating. The ratings for the French Open women's final won't be out until tomorrow morning and tht will only count the 30 largest cities in the US. On Monday, we will have the fianl rating, but my guess that since this was a rout by Justine Henin-Hardenne, the ratings weren't good.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Huh? The NBA Finals just started on Wednesday, and game 2 was last night (so we wouldn't already have ratings). No way there in average, for one, and no way basketball got that low of a rating.

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
PhoenixStorm said:
Id rather watch blacketball than whoocer or whockey.
i was rolling my eyes at how he/she called it blacketball, im not literally rolling my eyes at the sport, cause BASKETBALL happens to one of my favorite sports :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
This is fantastic!!!

·
Banned
7,262 Posts
PhoenixStorm said:
Id rather watch blacketball than whoocer or whockey.
Hey ! Don´t start calling ice-hockey with names :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
does someone have a link to something other than a message board? cos theres no way this is true

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I don't believe tennis would get higher ratings than basketball. ;)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
lizchris said:
He is referring to the average rating. The ratings for the French Open women's final won't be out until tomorrow morning and tht will only count the 30 largest cities in the US. On Monday, we will have the fianl rating, but my guess that since this was a rout by Justine Henin-Hardenne, the ratings weren't good.

yes, which basically means nothing cos NBC ALWAYS gets a better rating than ABC. heres the article taht someone must have read and misinterp'd.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Fast National ratings for Friday, June 6, 2003.

After the dismal ratings for hockey's Stanley Cup finals, the performance of ABC's NBA Finals audience almost looks respectable. However, after opening game ratings that set 22-year lows, the second game wasn't popular enough to push ABC past NBC on Friday night.

Overall, NBC averaged a 6.7 rating/13 share, to win the evening comfortably. ABC was a distant second at 4.5/9, edging CBS' 4.4/8. FOX trailed at 2.8/5. Numbers for The WB were unavailable.

NBC also won the coveted demographic of adults 18-49, though ABC pulled a little closer. NBC's 2.9 topped ABC's 2.7, and both networks were well ahead of third place FOX's 1.8. CBS trailed with a 1.7.

Because of the vagaries of live events, particularly sporting events, all numbers are especially subject to change.

At 8 p.m., NBC began a nightly sweep with the 5.2/11 earned by "Tom Brokaw Reports." CBS was second with the premiere of "Baby Bob" (a disappointing 4.2/9) and "Yes, Dear" (3.9/8). The beginning of the NBA finals put ABC in third, ahead of FOX's "Fastlane," which revved up a 2.7/6.

NBC stayed tough at 9 p.m. with "Dateline" earning a 7.1/13 for the hour. ABC moved up to second, averaging a 4.6/9 for the Spurs-Nets game. A rerun of "Hack" put CBS in third with a 3.6/7, beating a second rerun of "Fastlane" on FOX.

The night's highest rated program was "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" on NBC with an 8.0/15. CBS' "48 Hours" took second and the final hour of the basketball game averaged a 5.3/10.

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailynielsenrankings.html?31798

1 - 17 of 17 Posts