Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
With this result Vondrousova is guaranteed to be a seed at Wimbledon, which I guess will make many players happy as she was undoubtedly one of the most dangerous players outside the top 32.

Only saw the first set of the match, which was pretty back and forth with CSN having her moments of glory followed by Vondrousova getting back at Carla and so on until the Czech ended up taking that set. Based on the score the second set seemed to be more even until Vondrousova broke the one time which proved enough in the end.

Next up for the young Czech will be the winner of Mertens Sevastova.

·
Registered
18,934 Posts
Silly Carla...
From 4-2 40-15...4 UE in a row and then playing shit.
Market was nothing special today.
She will be destroyed next round.

·
Registered
53,647 Posts
Carla :sobbing:

I knew it would be very complicated to get through but I had a little bit of hope

but congrats to Vondrousova, she really has a huge shot here

·
Registered
18,934 Posts
...She will be destroyed next round...:rolleyes:

I expect your comment here on the discussion if Marketa wins.
Mertens or Sevastova.
Serving like a club player and playing than bad easily losing in two tomorrow.
I will be here to eat my words. Don't worry. I'm not a coward.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Maky :inlove: It's true she was sluggish again in the beginning, and quite lucky to win the first thanks to a Carla brainfart at 4-2, while until then CSN was playing impeccable, painting lines and constructing point beautifully. It was too high a level to sustain it though, and when the inevitable dip came Marketa was ready to exploit it.

Hopefully a R4 against Nastja where I can just sit back and enjoy the tennis :drool:

Reactions: Masquerader

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
So proud of my girls today :inlove:

Well done Makey :bounce: .... please continue :drive:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts