Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Something about Mug at this year's French makes me think she'll be the winner when all is said and done. She's looked very very good.

·
Registered
28,460 Posts
It’s satisfying to see Garbiñe always upping her level in Paris. She is still far from her best but this was a quite good performance and the best in a long while.

It should be a very interesting match against Sloane.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,459 Posts
:hatoff:
not too much energy wasted :)

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
First top 10 win at a slam since Wimbledon 2017 :cheer:

I think if she beats Sloane the title is hers, but that's a very big if.

·
Registered
22,688 Posts
Nothing to see here. This is the one major where you can count on Garbi to reach the second week no matter what form she's in.

·
Premium Member
20,459 Posts
Best Muguruza I have seen whole year. She really delivered today.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Ugly match, which is typical when Basiclina is involved. Only one hold in the first set and I think Garbine would have won the second set 6-1 if not for missing all those break points at 2-1 and getting broken herself in the next game. Basiclina's second serve was a joke as always - you could tell she had resigned herself to losing the point every time she missed her first serve. Garbine was again very successful at the net (10/13) - she should definitely keep coming forward. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see her keep going here, she's been playing very well in the first three rounds.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
First set was terrible, once Garbine claimed it though she looked pretty confident.

Elina definitely rusty but that performance from her was crap.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This was a good performance from Mugu. Calmly constructing points and looking confident even when Svitolina got that break in the 2nd set. I feel like she may peak here again.

·
Registered
9,324 Posts
Garbiñe making this tournament a bit better again. :worship:

Bye Elaine! :bigwave:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts