Banned
15,175 Posts
Sviontek! :bounce:

Reactions: Manitou

·
Premium Member
44,194 Posts
I wish Aga had got that serve!

Iga seemed to have learned from Aga, though, the way she does that backhand drop shot :)

Go Poland! :cheer:

Reactions: Escapist

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
My Iga :sobbing: :hysteric:

Into the second week of a slam beating the Olympic champion. :bounce: The other Polish player could never :spit: :haha:

So, so damn proud of my girl Iga :inlove:

·
Banned
36 Posts
Wow I love Iga, one of the few young girls, that cares for the sport, maybe she has richass parents too (I dunno), but her personality and character seem to be so much more likeable than Anisimova and all these American girls. I mean Andreescu's doubles partner basically admitted in an Insta live recently, that they play tennis, to become models. But this girl truly cares about tennis. What a star.

·
Registered
53,690 Posts
Monica :hysteric:

when Swiatek woke up at the very start of the 2nd set you could almost tell it was over already cause Pica wouldn't change anything in order to stop Iga's rebellion

a rightful winner

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
That reaction was adorable.

She seemed to be sick or battling something. Whatever it was she fought and raised her game.

I love this girl and her game. She’s arrived.

·
Registered
13,282 Posts
That first set was :scared:

But that turnaround was amazing. :bowdown: Iga's return was something else at times here - from awful to amazing, Monica would not even move sometimes and she was not panicking when something wasn't going her way.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Igatha looked lost in the 1st set, but once she settled down, looked so much better. 34 winners, 35 UEs, near flawless attacking performance. Halep will most likely routine her but it'll be a great learning experience, hopefully its on Chatrier and she just goes out swinging. The point construction will come with time, she has almost all the shots and such a versatile FH, but her returning gives me pause. Reminds me of Garcia/Bencic who stand inside the baseline to receive a lot of the time, it can either result in many return winners if you're reading the opponents serve well, or you just get aced off the court. Today, it was a combination of both :lol:

Also, where is that stupid Linette fan that was talking shit in the Live Commentary Thread? Igatha at 18 is the new Polish #1 and in just her 2nd GS MD has done what his scrub fave coudn't after years on tour, making a GS second week :rolls:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That last set had so many tight games.

Iga just managed to fend Monica off but Monica will be kicking herself, numerous opportunities missed to possibly go 4-3 in front herself, those couple of games decided everything.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Yeeees Iga. Very high level in two last sets. Nothing to lose against Simona now. : )

I'm sad for Pica though, wish she wouldn't face Iga.

Reactions: *Jool* and Perun

·
Registered
15,153 Posts
Despite the first set, by as even as early as the first few games of the 2nd set, you could sense this was Iga's.

Sad for Puig though. It felt like she had SO many GPs and 30-0 leads in games she didn't win. Definitely a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
115,567 Posts
Pretty good effort and this major has some potential young talent really playing well

·
Banned
36 Posts
the way she plays I think she really could upset Halep, especially if they put them on Lenglen
Lol what? Halep mostly routines these kids and as much as I like Iga, she was too excited for this R3 match against Puig (who?) and got bageled, it's absurd to think she could do more than a few games on Lenglen/Chatrier against Halep.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts