Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:SNE::SNE::SNE::SNE:
What a flop from title favourite.
Sascha turn her into a pusher and made her forehand too safe. The problem was never with her hitting it too much but rather she wasn't aggressive enough in her matches 2018 onwards.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
Martic really is in some great form lately. Mladenovic was terrible. :tape:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just like for delusional Liverpool fans, next will be her year.
By the way, Petra was unplayable limiting Kiki to desperate pushing.

·
Registered
13,161 Posts
Petra, nice schooling for a snob. :drool: Now much more difficult opponent in the next round waiting for her - Karolina Pliskova, but I believe that she will beat her too.

RG champ my ass. :spit:

That was about as likely to happen as Janicijevic making the quarterfinals. :spit:
According to whom? :spit:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I could only watch a little of this match but Petra simply played incredible and didn't give Mlad any chance to get going.

Mlad in her first two matches seem to be playing more tentative than she usually does at the French Open. She's usually arrogant and energetic playing off the crowd (granted the crowd seemed a bit indifferent in both matches). I wonder if she feels the pressure of playing for a well known coach and trying to improve faster than she's capable of.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

Just to clarify, when I said Mladenovic would win the French Open the other week, I was joking ;)

Martic is one of the most underrated players on tour, she's in great form too.

Pliskova vs Martic in the next round could be a cracker if both play well.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
But... but... she was supposed to win the whole thing! :speakles:

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Martic was absolute perfect today, except for the game she got broken to start the 2nd set with 3 UEs.

Agressive all match, dictating the points with her FH and great defense/movement when needed. Also, some delightfull dropshots.

3R vs Pliskova should be fun.

As for Mladenovic, honestly, she should just try to be a 1-2 punch player, serve big, attack with the FH once she gest the chance and rush the net as soon as possible against this kind of opponents. It is pointless to rally against a player like Martic.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts