·
Registered
465 Posts
Greek tragedy...

·
Registered
34,593 Posts
Wow, that was something. :tears:

Siniakova already having MP at 5-4 in the second and leading 5-2 in the TB. :lol:

3 hours and 10 minutes :hysteric:

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Siniakova with her ususal mess . Never a straight forward match.

·
Registered
10,179 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Siniakova tends to have marathon matches.
Congrats on not completely falling apart after the second set.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,461 Posts
a nice fight from both
more ambitious :lol: player won (as if this is worth mentioning regarding Katka)
:bowdown:

·
Registered
53,740 Posts
quite the excruciating match ... :hysteric:

SIniakova 's level of determination and grindng is impressive especially agianst such an athlete as Maria

I'm proud of Maria for winning the second set TB . Apart from that I'd better not comment on all those missed opportunities , including a 5/1 lead in first set

haunting loss for her .

I'm very unhappy with this reuslt for many reasons, but really have to give credit to Siniakova as much as it hurts to admit, she earned and deserved it :hatoff:

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Siniakova sure is crazy, but when she channels her craziness into intensity and focus, she becomes a very good competitor. Didn't fold after losing 2nd set after having 2 MPs and in the end she looked to have more energy in the tank despite running left and right for more than 3 hours. Sakkari looked spent in the end and didn't know how to pass through Siniakova's resiliency and good defensive skills.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
People are really not appreciating the fact that she won the first set and yet won the match in three :tears: only a rare slam Katka can do this

Anyway, this was a trip omg :lol: absolute mess. Sakkari was leading 5-1 in the first before choking so badly she lost the match in TB, then Katka had several MPs in second set and was leading 5-2 or 5-3 in TB before completely losing it and the set, too :hysteric: then in third, they both started by breaking each other serves before Sakkari had one last final breakdown. A true classic :tears: imagine if this was BO5. I'm serious. Do that. Please :hysteric:

Is she gonna get a beatdown from Naomi? Maybe so. Is she gonna turn that into a grinder? Maybe so :lol:

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Sakkari was way too passive imo

Good fight from both players but just seemed like neither could find their game

Does anyone know the UE count? It must've been astronomical :lol:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
That was three+ hours of pure hot mess. Choking, shanking, code violations, bad calls…. the one positive thing I can say is that the stands were PACKED, tonnes of great support for both players. :)

Very disappointed in Maria choking a 5-1 lead in that first set, and she had multiple break chances in the 3rd set as well, but was just totally unfocused. Can’t say she didn’t have her opportunities.

I think she probably would have at least taken set 1 if she’d been able to OCC with Tom, but she needs to become less reliant on that.

I usually love great net players but I just don’t think I will ever warm to Katka. :lol: Her shrill shrieks, negative energy, temper tantrums, and shonky technique… help.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts