Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
High quality 2R: Osaka (1) beats Azarenka 4-6 7-5 6-3

What a high quality match but naomi's slow starts gonna make me die one day:SNE:
from 0-4 down to end of second set was peak tennis and 3rd set she was making every shot which were heavy and unreturnable 0:)
At 5-1 in 3rd set she has little letdown. One big victory in draw of hell
that choke in end at 1-5 down. i thought it was osaka bencic again when she was again break point down in 9th game. Thankfully saved herself. Match of tournament so far

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I thought Vika would grind this out. Well done Naomi for proving me wrong and good job Vika on taking it to the #1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GAGirl

·
Premium Member
44,153 Posts
Re: High quality 2R Osaka beats Azarenka 4-6 7-5 6-3

Naomi plays dangerously: Schmiedlova and Azarenka were close and if she doesn't dominate from the start she may not face other players as kind as them.

Good luck nonetheless!

Regarding Vika, I think it's clear that what keeps her from peaking for good is physical. She couldn't stand the long run (at high level) in this one and got tired at the end of the second set, to the contrary of Naomi.

The positive point about Naomi is her behaviour: she's much more calm and focused (confident?), and it's nice to see. Marge for improvement: return of serve. She gives far too much points with those returns into the net.

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,459 Posts

:worship:
well done Naomi !!!!!

Reactions: Naomifandeep

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Hell yeah!!!! Such a good match from both but I knew that Naomi would will herself to victory. I'm so happy for Osaka and really happy Vika is out. Thank you, Osaka!!! Next is Siniakova or Sakkari. Just gets harder for Osaka but she is finding a way.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Good match for most part. Got lucky with the missed call on the second serve (that was under the umpires nose), surprised azarenka didnt make a bigger fuss about it.

·
Registered
19,225 Posts
Another stunning comeback from Naomi :worship:

What a thriller.

Her streak is now 16 GS match victories in a row :hatoff:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Naughty Naomi teasing Vika for nearly 3 hours and giving her false hope she had a chance. The whole perception of Osaka being a nice girl is so fake. It was just another mean match today.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Cute attempt from The Girl With The Ended Career in the end, but the better player and person won.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Horrible no call at the end. No call on an Osaka double fault. Really marred an otherwise crazy good match.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I’m pretty sure that the people who work for ITV4 are on meth. Who in their right mind would want to watch Cuevas vs Edmund over Azarenka vs Osaka? :spit:. I don’t care if Edmund is British, that’s some BS lol.

Anyway, this was fun to watch, great match between them! Also Naomi's post match interview :hysteric:...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow Vika broke Osaka when Osaka double faulted but that horribly clueless chair umpire was asleep. To not call that double fault at such a decisive point in the match is just one more example of why Hawkeye is needed. That wasn’t even that close!

·
Registered
465 Posts
What a match! Sad someone had to loose because the level was extremely high and intense! Osaka is improving so much on a lot of levels ... she really deserves that number 1 spot, great role model as well.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Can someone give me the cliffs of the match? I first watched the score with Vika up a set and a break.

Naomi just seems to will herself in slams. It's impressive. If she wins this title, facing the road ahead, she'll have a new fan for sure.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
This gave me Serena-Vika types of teas. Great match between two extremely mentally strong ladies. They were hungry and had such desire and passion. Took me back to the good old days with that drama and heavy hitting. I’m sure that was a ton of errors, but they were going big! Man, that was good.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts