Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kaia :inlove: :yeah: Yet another R3 at a slam. :worship: Came through an intense battle here. The score of Set 2 is misleading as Kaia faced bp in every of her service games. Next up is Veronika Kudermetova. Hopefully Kaia can recover for that match. :)

Shuai :sad: :hug: She missed a sitter on MP and cried after the loss. Hopefully she can bounce back in Doubles. :)

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Fiyah Kanepi! :worship: Both the first and third set were such a tussle though. I'm glad she got a good test early on but with her body i'd almost rather she just cruise. :lol: She will have to serve more consistently going forward. Some great Estonian supporters for her on this small court btw. :)

Great fight from Rose and I felt really bad for her after the loss, especially after the way she competed to even it up in set 3. It sucks when two players you like have to face each other so early but I guess the positive flip side is that one of them is guaranteed to make the R3.

Hopefully she and Sam can have a good run even though they're in the tougher half of the draw. Maybe this year she will finally win a match at Wimbledon too.

·
Premium Member
182,068 Posts
Kaia phew
That would have been embarrassing

·
Registered
16,387 Posts
Kanepi was loose sometimes but manage to hold it at the end.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Fiyah Kanepi!
:laugh2: I really love the names you give players.. especially this one and your fave ... they are very creative :yeah: Keep 'em coming please :worship:

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Well done KK :yeah:

Not another Golden Flower gone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
It's that time to envisirate everyone in draw, it's Kanepi time. Poor Shuai, one of my favourite flowers.

·
Premium Member
4,850 Posts
A Kanepi loss here would have messed up my draw so bad :lol:

WD girl :yeah:

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
Shuai fought so well to get back in it in the 3rd. She should be very proud of her effort.

Amazing that Kaia got the win somehow. Her energy levels looked super low in the end. Her older age and injury proneness do not like many of these kind of tough matches. I hope she manages to recover.

·
Registered
8,674 Posts
Kaia keeping her rank afloat in top100 by barely playing any tournaments (only her 6th this year) but showing up with a couple of wins in Slam MDs.

And she has a "kind" opponent to go even further, no disrespect to Kudermetova.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Kaia is like a mini Serena playing enough to keep her rank high and get those cash when she needed than take a holiday for her body.

·
Registered
19,205 Posts
Kanepi looks ready for another GS second week :yeah:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Kaia into R3 of French Open ! :banana:

A strong upset win in R1 over Julia Görges :worship:

And today a sweet win over Zhang :toothy:
Kaia almost choked the match away, was already leading 4-1 in set 3 ...

She only rarely plays tournaments anymore - due to injury. And still she has such success without much match play (to reach R3 of a Grand Slam, maybe even more). This shows her quality. Kaia has so much potential ! If only she could stay healthy ...

Kudermetova next. A perfect draw. Good opportunity to reach R4 ! :)

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
YASSS Kaia :yeah: :woohoo: :D :)

·
Registered
53,587 Posts
Shuai always on the losing side of those epic matches at Roland-Garros.Same fate as against Kuzzie 2 years ago :awww: :hug:

but very happy for Kaia :banana: could keep winning :cool: :cheer:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Kaia:worship: So glad she fought till the end, I got worried in the 3rd after 4-1* lead going to 4*-4 BPs.

Every win is a joy:D (and it also helps her to stay in top 100, not bad:lol:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts