Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
RG R2: [27] L Tsurenko (UKR) d A Krunic (SRB) 5-7 7-5 11-9

Lesia was crippled in the final set, similar to the R4 at the US Open. Probably wouldn't stand a chance against Halep anyway based on H2H, but in this condition I don't think she'll fare very well at all. Both players were very emotional towards the end.

Lesia is very unlucky with her constantly injured body:sad:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Krunic was tragic that last set she collapsed about 5 times. Creds to tsurenko for holding in but tbh if she was gonna retire next round why did she continue playing...

·
Registered
30,405 Posts
extremely injured Tsurenko to face Halep tomorrow :eek:h:

what a terrible match :worship::hysteric:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
An awful, just awful match. Both players offered up fearful, passive shotmaking, including a veritable moonball festival as things got dark yesterday. It's like neither player wanted to win, and if you ask me, neither player deserved to.

Was hoping for a Krunic win, but in the end, it doesn't matter - either would have been ground into a pulp by Halep anyway.

·
Registered
28,455 Posts
Pathetic Aleksz. :facepalm:
She should have never let Tsurenko get away with this match.
She didn’t finish her yesterday cause she was so passive in the last games, pushing and moonballing, waiting for Lesia to do a UE :help:

I didn’t watch it today but Lesia didn’t do anything to win either. Just tragic show from both.

·
Registered
13,228 Posts
Krunić is such a strange person. For as long as I can remember, she's been going through an existential crisis of some sort, not enjoying tennis, not wanting to practice, not trusting herself/her team, changing coaches (she's done it again a few weeks ago, BTW) looking for the "missing spark" and so on and so on. Every once in a while she has a good result and it appears that her issues are solved, only for her to go down the same road again quickly.
She's pretty much uncoachable at this point and it looks like her mentality is never going to change, so I really wonder if it's worth it to keep going like this.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It was just absolutely disgusting from both. Krunic really needs to work on being aggressive, that was like under 12 tennis at best and it as R2 at RG there's something wrong it that.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Oh dear! What a horror show for Krunic. This match went on into the dark last night and so many times she served for the match and blew it. :(

·
Registered
28,455 Posts
It was just absolutely disgusting from both. Krunic really needs to work on being aggressive, that was like under 12 tennis at best and it as R2 at RG there's something wrong it that.
She can be aggressive and has done it many times. For example, she played such beautiful tennis when she won Den Bosch last year.
I have no idea what kind of fuckery was this. :help:

Tsurenko is such a meh and boring player everytime I watch her though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
She can be aggressive and has done it many times. For example, she played such beautiful tennis when she won Den Bosch last year.
I have no idea what kind of fuckery was this. :help:

Tsurenko is such a meh and boring player everytime I watch her though.
I agree but she can't play aggressively consistently and when it matters. She has squandered so many R3s and R4s at slams that its unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I have no words for this. Just tragic stuff from both players.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Oh Aleks. :sad: I didn't catch it when they resumed today but even yesterday she had umpteen chances to close this out, especially when Lesia was cramping and had no energy. But she was playing too passively every time she went the break ahead.

She really needed this win a lot more, too, with low prize money lately, lack of confidence, and her ranking in freefall. Den Bosch points coming off super soon as well, hopefully she can at least put SOME form together there but I worry this result will linger for her.

It's also frustrating because you have to wonder how much Tsurenko is going to have left in the tank for the next round. :hysteric:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts