Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Great MP :D

Pretty routine win, but it's still nice not to see her struggle in first sets the way she did at AO (and overall, the amount of three-setters she's had already... :lol:)

Of course, the hard rounds are just starting :armed:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
56 minute beatdown. 29 winners and 11 UE tell you how "tough" a test Kucova was for her today. Her serve is clicking and she is striking the ball really well, much better than what I saw in Rome.

Her draw is actually not as easy as it looks. Her movement/footwork isn't looking that great and she doesn't slide effectively on the surface. Martic/Mladenovic next and even if she gets past that, I can easily see her losing the QF where she'll likely face one of CSN/Vondrousova/Sevastova/Mertens, players with clay court pedigree that have amazing defense and can utilize their variety to expose her poor footwork on this surface.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
karolina often makes the game look ridiculously easy, today was one of those days.

she served well, and had easy power on her groundstrokes.

under an hour as well.

rest up bot, for tougher challenges.

did we see this years champion.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
granted kucova wasn't the best test, but i gotta feeling it's shaping up nicely for karo in this slam. great form so far, playing herself nicely into a serving groove and gaining confidence along the way. final should be within reach... :yeah:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bravo Karolina ! :D
A solid match from Karolina! :yeah:
I'm happy I can watch another match with Karolina! :D
This one will be both interesting and complicated, against Petra, a player in great shape and confident. :)

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I love her whole aura. Pliskova is always dangerous and takes pleasure from defeating players with hype.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
With the way the draw is opening up, it's starting to look like a Halep-Pliskova final to me. I'm getting some real 2018 AO vibes from this draw, and Pliskova has the tools to take advantage.

Martic should prove a good test, but her road to the SF looks pretty sweet. Interesting to see how this will turn out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts