Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG yesss Shelby. I didn't get to watch it but it's so nice to watch her beat someone in straights who beat her just a month ago. Love the progress!

I don't think she'll beat Yastremska/Suarez Navarro but it would be a really nice surprise if she did! Also the quarter she's in is WIDE open. (Will she take it? Yeah most definitely not but still...)

Moves up to 358 in the rankings.

·
Blighted and solo
43,981 Posts
Shelby opened her eyes! :hearts: :worship:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Astra wasn't finding her range today, especially on the stretch from the backhand side. I was rooting for her but it's nice for Shelby to get a win here, and she needs it more.

It's easy to forget she once made the QF here!

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Shelby!!! I am sooo happy for her!! Has good memories of RG, so glad she was able to take advantage of a softer 1st rd. Next round will be incredibly tough..

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
OMG yesss Shelby. I didn't get to watch it but it's so nice to watch her beat someone in straights who beat her just a month ago. Love the progress!

I don't think she'll beat Yastremska/Suarez Navarro but it would be a really nice surprise if she did! Also the quarter she's in is WIDE open. (Will she take it? Yeah most definitely not but still...)

Moves up to 358 in the rankings.
She would have certainly lost to Yastremska but she has a chance against CSN who won. However, what was up with Yastremska? First set, 6-2. Second set gets virtually bageled in a tiebreak then can't hold serves or return anything at all. Hope she isn't extremely injured.

·
Registered
53,636 Posts
congrats Shelby :hatoff:

sorry for Astra whom I'd have loved to see win a round here :awww:

but the win in Bogota was more important in a way since it allowed her to be in FO MD ...

·
Milk and honey
4,035 Posts
Shelby is a really talented ballstriker and it's great to see her back. When she's fit and in full flow she can be a joy to watch.

Has already come on a fair way from the match in Bogota against Sharma, although the latter was pretty unimpressive today. Doubt Rogers will get any further but even 70 points here helps her out big time in her quest to come back. She has always been a really dangerous player. She's already 26 now so hopefully she now starts what will be another healthy period for her.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,493 Posts
Shame these two had to play first round, would have loved for either of them to get a win here but Shelby needed it more. So nice to see her posting wins quickly into her comeback ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts