Tennis Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't appreciate the last dig, but as far as the message goes, hey, I'll gladly agree with you on this. To me, it just seemed like you pitted Marketa and Amanda against each other when imo you can't even properly compare them (more injuries for Vondrousova, more widcard into big American tournaments for Anisimova will make for a different career path imo), plus made it seem like 19 is too old (I mean, sure, she's an older teenager, but she is still a teenager) and that she's never done anything before this point. Nothing, at least for me, to do with being Czech, as I would reply to this concerning any other player I like.

Plus I guess you baffled me with the whole 'Czechs are thought of as prodigies based on nothing' stuff since (from my point of view) it's usually young americans who get hyped up a lot (not a dig at you or Amanda, just a genuine observation).

But I'm not really interested into making this a thing (as I mentioned, I agree with you on this score) and I do admit my answer could've been more respectful and not so forceful, so I apologize for that.
I appreciate your message, and apolgize myself if my original message sounded rude, although not intentionally directed at any particular user.
I will just say that I did not mean to make it a comparison between Us and Czech players (I'm not even american), Amanda simply came to mind as the "teen revelation" of the moment.

However, I do stand by my claim that the TF community is generally biased towards Czech players, more so than players coming from anywhere else.
American and every other Aglo-speaking players get insanely hyped by the media, but they receive a lot of hate on TF. Bellis is an emblematic example of that, but there are so many players I could list, things i vividly remember from my years lurking around this forum.

Maybe because there is a lot of Czech Users here (it would be nice to know the stat) but Czech players receive mostly good response and a big level of affection and attention here, even the "controversial" ones like Pliskova, who received 1/1000 of the Hate Wozniacki got despite being not only a slamless n.1 herself but also , arguably, the least accomplished n.1 ever.

Also, when Someone like Petra loses early in the slam, you don't get the huge amount of hate posts Garbine, Simona, Svitolina, Wozniacki, Bouchard etc always receive...

And I don't bother being polite to people who doesn't deserve that.
This "classy" response says it all, really.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Vondrousova had a back and elbow injuries that kept her off the court or playing with pain during almost 1 year combine and she didn't have those WC an US talent can have that's why she didn't have earliest results.:eek:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
:worship: Great performance! She has easily been one of the most impressive players of the year. Since Australia she's gone QF or better in every single draw and beaten some great players along the way.

One thing to work on before the SF is just being a bit predictable at times with her patterns (always swings the FH cross court even when she has huge open space for a DTL), and sometimes she hits her backhand a little too close to her body which makes it land short.

Wishing her a lot of luck. :)
Agree :hi5:

Yes, I noticed that too.
I often said during the match in front of TV:
"Marketa, go down the line with forehand !!! It's open ! Not crosscourt again !" :lol:

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Girls are very sporty here and unlike the boys they're not lured away in masses to football and ice-hockey so a great amount of female talent ends up in tennis, the most lucrative women's sport.

Plus a long tradition of success, good facilities and coaches.
:yeah:

Yes, and I also feel the Czech girls understand tennis and the tactics very well.
(Much better than the girls from most other nations. For example when I listen to Petra Kvitova, Karolina Pliskova and Marketa in their interviews and press conferences. They make very interesting and smart comments about tactics, strokes, technique.)

Also doubles is more important than everywhere else (only in Australia too I think).
And playing doubles can help too for the singles. There are many examples.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
BTW 19 yo Marketa reached French Open SF without losing a set ! :speakles: :worship:

= quality and talent ! I hope she can win the title now. A dream - but a possible dream ;)

Jan Hernych is the perfect coach for her. Glad they found each other ! :hearts:

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered