Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
If there was no play today, what would the likely schedule be tomorrow - would Vondrousova-Konta happen? I assume the likes of Halep wouldn't play 2 matches in one day, which would have a knock on effect on the rest of the planned schedule.

·
La nuit je mens
91,351 Posts
Logic would be :

Thursday : Halep-Anisimova / Barty-Keys / Djokovic-Zverev / Thiem-Khachanov
Friday : Vondrousova-Konta / SF 2 / (eventually Men's SFs too).
Saturday : Women's final / (Men's SFs)
Sunday : Men's final

But Nadal-Federer would completely outshine the women's final then.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Logic would be :

Thursday : Halep-Anisimova / Barty-Keys / Djokovic-Zverev / Thiem-Khachanov
Friday : Vondrousova-Konta / SF 2 / (eventually Men's SFs too).
Saturday : Women's final / (Men's SFs)
Sunday : Men's final

But Nadal-Federer would completely outshine the women's final then.
But that would be totally unfair to the winner of Djokovic-Zverev / Thiem-Khachanov compared to the winner of Fed/Nadal. They definetely should have a day's rest between QF and SF.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
The rainout helps Anisimova as the conditiouns would have been very slow

·
La nuit je mens
91,351 Posts
But that would be totally unfair to the winner of Djokovic-Zverev / Thiem-Khachanov compared to the winner of Fed/Nadal. They definetely should have a day's rest between QF and SF.
Well, it would probably be up to them to decide if they want to have a day of rest between QF and SF or between SF and F.

Or they move the final to Monday.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
That's the nature of outdoor tennis. It happened at Wimbledon last year in the semis. On that occasion it benefited Djokovic because although they closed the roof they couldn't finish by the cut-off of 11pm. Djokovic insisted on keeping it closed the next day even though it was dry (they've since changed that rule) because he plays better indoors. In the final he played a totally exhausted Anderson whose semi had gone on for 6 and a half hours. Djokovic was a huge recipient of good fortune then so if someone else gets it this time that's only fair. :)

·
Registered
36,704 Posts
Well, it would probably be up to them to decide if they want to have a day of rest between QF and SF or between SF and F.

Or they move the final to Monday.
It would take a lot for them to move the final to Monday I imagine.

Every time it rains people act as if it's some new challenge that penalizes players unfairly. Meanwhile tennis has been dealing with rain delays for 100 years. The reason they have days off between matches is to allow for wiggle room in these situations.

I'm curious whether they'll simply move today's schedule to tomorrow (in the likely event of a total washout) and then have all four semifinals on Friday, or if they will try to still play Konta/Vondrousova and Federer/Nadal as well as today's quarterfinals. The former option seems more fair.

·
La nuit je mens
91,351 Posts
Monday is a public holiday so yeah, could be hard to move anything on Monday indeed.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
That's why you have roofs! This renovation has taken so long, very annoying for spectators and players.

·
Registered
20,055 Posts
It would take a lot for them to move the final to Monday I imagine.

Every time it rains people act as if it's some new challenge that penalizes players unfairly. Meanwhile tennis has been dealing with rain delays for 100 years. The reason they have days off between matches is to allow for wiggle room in these situations.

I'm curious whether they'll simply move today's schedule to tomorrow (in the likely event of a total washout) and then have all four semifinals on Friday, or if they will try to still play Konta/Vondrousova and Federer/Nadal as well as today's quarterfinals. The former option seems more fair.

Federer/Nadal is already scheduled for Friday ( tournament schedule)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Imbecile decision to postpone even the women. See if you are stupid to schedule for 2 PM instead of 12?

It reminds me about the Wimbledon organisers.

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
wow. That's harsh on the bottom half. They have to play 3 consecutive days!

·
Registered
36,704 Posts
Federer/Nadal is already scheduled for Friday ( tournament schedule)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point :lol:. So the question is whether Konta/Vondrousova would play tomorrow but that seems unlikely.

·
Registered
36,704 Posts
wow. That's harsh on the bottom half. They have to play 3 consecutive days!
What? The bottom half of both men's and women's have only two matches left. The top half will have a rest day on Friday (women's) and Saturday (men's).

EDIT: oops you're right the top half won't have Friday off.

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
What? The bottom half of both men's and women's have only two matches left. The top half will have a rest day on Friday (women's) and Saturday (men's).
sorry I mixed up order, what I meant was the half that is second to play

Reactions: iGOAT

·
La nuit je mens
91,351 Posts
Halep-Anisimova and Barty-Keys postponed to tomorrow noon. Followed by the men's matches.

All 4 semifinals on Friday.

Reactions: bud887 and Krutov
41 - 60 of 86 Posts