Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two womens QF matches and the two mens QF matches start at the same time ---- why???
They have all day to play the 4 matches, so why not stagger them throughout the day, rather than playing them at the same time.
Will this timing greatly reduce the crowd at the women's match because Nadal and Federer are playing in the two mens matches?
-
Once again the French Open management, with great forethought, defies all logic.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Weather permitting (i.e., if there is no backlog of matches to catch up on), this is the way the QF matches have been arranged for as long as I can remember. Actually, the weather forecast for the next few days is not that great, so scheduling all the matches on Chatrier would not be a good idea anyway.

Of course, once they have a roof on both Chatrier and Lenglen, and are able to play night matches, it will be interesting to see how the schedules change.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watching the beginning QF mens and womens matches starting at the same time
Federer vs Wawrinka ----- stands 90% full
Konta vs Stephens ------- stands 90% empty

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
I know a dane down there, but he said he had a ticket to watch a mens match on CPC but can you not watch the womens match now on CC with the same ticket?
Of course. There's only one session on each court on any day, and that might only change once they put up the floodlights.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Weather permitting (i.e., if there is no backlog of matches to catch up on), this is the way the QF matches have been arranged for as long as I can remember. Actually, the weather forecast for the next few days is not that great, so scheduling all the matches on Chatrier would not be a good idea anyway.

Of course, once they have a roof on both Chatrier and Lenglen, and are able to play night matches, it will be interesting to see how the schedules change.
Wrong. Not so long ago all women's QF matches used to be played on Lenglen on Tuesday.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Wrong. Not so long ago all women's QF matches used to be played on Lenglen on Tuesday.
It's a fair cop guv'nor. I did say "as long as I can remember". Maybe I should have added the disclaimer that I've been watching the FO for a very long time, and as a consequence, I'll be damned if I can remember what day(s) the women's QF matches were played back in (say) 1989. I can only recall the past decade, and as luck would have it, 2009 seems to have been the first year of the current system.

Also, the weather frequently plays havoc with the schedules at RG, so looking at the available dates for when matches were actually played (usually finished) can be very confusing in terms of what the schedule was meant to be.

·
Registered
116,600 Posts
Majors always do stuff like this. How did they figure the winners of 23 slams on the smaller court?
I remember at Wimbledon the first sets of Serena/Azarenka and Radwanska/Keys ended the same second! You had to have 1 streamed and 1 on tv and pause the tv to see the end of both sets. The exact same second.

Reactions: vogus_emeritus

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Tomorrow will the 2 womens QF be played both at 14:00 :eek:
They scheduled Konta/Stephens and Nadal/Nishikori on Chatrier, while Federer/Wawrinka and Martic/Vondrousova are on Lenglen because they didn't want to have Federer and Nadal playing at the same time. They are the two stars of the day and the ones that the fans want to see. The organizers want to give the fans the opportunity to watch some of Federer's match on Lenglen and then have them go over to Chatrier to watch Rafa.
Quite frankly, the women's quarterfinals are so weak that barely anyone cares about them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
They scheduled Konta/Stephens and Nadal/Nishikori on Chatrier, while Federer/Wawrinka and Martic/Vondrousova are on Lenglen because they didn't want to have Federer and Nadal playing at the same time. They are the two stars of the day and the ones that the fans want to see. The organizers want to give the fans the opportunity to watch some of Federer's match on Lenglen and then have them go over to Chatrier to watch Rafa.
Quite frankly, the women's quarterfinals are so weak that barely anyone cares about them.
Fed and Nadal are actually playing at the same time.
Currently : Nadal/Nishikori 6/1 3/1
Fed/Wawrinka 6/7 6/4 6/5

·
Registered
116,600 Posts
Both mens matches stopped. Could be rain Wednesday also

·
La nuit je mens
90,956 Posts
Tomorrow will be tough for sure.

The rest of the week is better (Sunday not so much but still better).

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Tomorrow will be tough for sure.

The rest of the week is better (Sunday not so much but still better).
So it's raining (likely) and they don't start play till 2pm...

Anyone see the stupidity in this?:SNE:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts