Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Linda will probably be quite disappointed with this result, even though it was a tightly contested match and both are very close in the live rankings @ 188 and 189.

She was up a double break in the final set 4-1 against Kuzmova and proceeded to lose 6 of the next 7 games and ended the match with a double-fault.

Hopefully, a learning experience for her going forward.

Font Parallel Rectangle Circle Symmetry

·
Registered
14,360 Posts
I did not see this but this sounds like a choke. So many GS qualies matches, especially the close ones, boil down to nerves in the final set and so many players crumble or lose matches from winning positions. I have been to Wimbledon qualies many times and I have never seen an event with so many tears and meltdowns.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Unless Kuzmova just played her best match in about three years, this is a very disappointing loss for Fruhvirtova. Kuzmova has been abominable for a long time now.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Young Kuzmova went on it and hit as hard as she could, which put her in the top 100. Then she (or rather her coaches) wanted to improve her game, construct points and wait for the right opportunity. That went thoroughly wrong because she lacked movement. Now she seems to be going back to her roots, which I think is the better option.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Is this the girl from IMG who got all those WC? She is already 17, time to deliver. It's time to prove that she is worth all those WCs. She is only a year younger than Gauff. It's not that she is as young as her sister anymore.

·
Premium Member
🎾👑Ksenia Efremova👑🎾
2,363 Posts
Well, bets were 1.15 for Linda´s win and 4.60 for her loss so definitely not an expected result 😉
Expected result for me. I didn t follow odds before this match.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I have a feeling Linda is not coping well with the pressure. There was a lot of hype around her and it seems like it got to her.

Or is she just not that great at clay? Her results this clay season are bad …

·
Registered
390 Posts
Is this the girl from IMG who got all those WC? She is already 17, time to deliver. It's time to prove that she is worth all those WCs. She is only a year younger than Gauff. It's not that she is as young as her sister anymore.
Can’t tell if this is sarcastic… she got her first “big” WC to IW qualies this year (March). She then beat Mertens and Azarenka in a row at Miami to make R16 and has posted some decent results - this is her first relatively surprising loss (although more due to Kuzmova’s recent form more than anything) in a while. She’s in this French Oepn as direct entry in qualifying.

I’d say she’s around where we’d expect her - her serve is still very junior level even if her groundstrokes are not, so she’s always vulnerable to a big hitter (lost to Kanepi 2x and now Kuzmova in last three tournaments).

·
Rise up from ignorance
24,468 Posts
Looks like pressure got to the new WC queen? She will be back though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts