Katie won last 4 games from 3-5 :bolt: :kiss:

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
So much for an easy win for Xiyu :spit:

Katie won last 4 games from 3-5 :bolt: :kiss:
Pretty sure no one said that except you. Go to Politics sub won't you :lol:

Xiyu mentally collapsed again. This is always the thing

Katie kept fighting and made the difference.

·
Registered
47,764 Posts
Humiliating loss for Xiyu... she is poised to breakthrough but struggling to make the final push. Swan is such a nothing player. :tape:

·
Registered
29,214 Posts
This Swan Q run is as random as Go Soeda’s in Mens.
Nonetheless, it’s an impressive set of scalps, first Teichmann, then Wang so well done to Swan :yeah:

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Nooooooo Dangerous Looming Xiyu!!!!! This is a huge blow to this tournament... Seeded players finally can breathe a huge sigh of relief...

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
Chuffed for Katie. It's been a while since she had a good win and now that's 2 in 2 days - would love it to be 3 in 3 tomorrow. She only won 8 points in that second set, so did really well to keep her spirits up in the third. Keep going!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Humiliating loss for Xiyu... she is poised to breakthrough but struggling to make the final push. Swan is such a nothing player. :tape:

This Swan Q run is as random as Go Soeda’s in Mens.
Nonetheless, it’s an impressive set of scalps, first Teichmann, then Wang so well done to Swan :yeah:
I think nothing is a bit harsh, she was beating Wang in juniors after all and she's beaten top 100 players on the biggest stage so I think her mentality is quite good. But I will give you that on clay she's probably not top 100. But Wang is equally unsuited to clay.

On current form the Teichmann win was random but I'm not THAT shocked against Wang.

Anyway keep going Katie good luck against Kucova.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
I think nothing is a bit harsh, she was beating Wang in juniors after all and she's beaten top 100 players on the biggest stage so I think her mentality is quite good. But I will give you that on clay she's probably not top 100. But Wang is equally unsuited to clay.

On current form the Teichmann win was random but I'm not THAT shocked against Wang.

Anyway keep going Katie good luck against Kucova.
Wow, such a titanic effort given she's 2 years older :lol:

And Xiyu isn't unsuited to clay at all, she has a big kick serve and a heavy forehand with lots of spin. Just a few days ago won a big ITF in Spain, she just choked badly today from 5-3 up and that's it.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
lmao

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Wow, such a titanic effort given she's 2 years older :lol:

And Xiyu isn't unsuited to clay at all, she has a big kick serve and a heavy forehand with lots of spin. Just a few days ago won a big ITF in Spain, she just choked badly today from 5-3 up and that's it.

Ok equally unsuited was a stretch but Xiyu's clay movement is weak and I don't think she capitalises on the weapons you mention as well as she does on hard even though these weapons should be of more benefit on clay.

Age difference I see your point. But if you are a truly great 15 YO you tear up juniors even against the 17 year olds. So I really don't think Swan is as nothing as was made out.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
golden flowers dropping like flies.
wd, katie :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts