Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really enjoyable match with some great hitting and variety as well from both players. Kaja looked like the better player in the last 2 sets - she led 2-0, 4-2 and served for the match at 5*-4 - but Pera kept coming back and then played a pretty immaculate tb.
Hope Juvan still gets in as a LL, her quality of play certainly deserves it. Would've come through in many other sections.

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
i for one am glad Juvan lost, she was ahead with a break the entire 3rd set, up to 5-5, she didn't deserve to win

·
Premium Member
182,075 Posts
Pera :yeah:
Hoping she draws & drags Konta again

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Sooooo thrilled for Bernie here!!!!
Great to see her come through a tight match at the end like this. Bernie’s mental has been the most inconsistent issue with her tennis...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Cheered Bernarda in this one but I am very impressed with Juvan this week.
She has great FH and serve and her BH keeps her in rallies. Plus she has great court coverage and variety in her game.
I think she played way to many 25k tournaments and is ready for a lot higher level on clay.
But then again maybe that's good because it gives her more time to develop and she avoids fate of many talented youngsters who burned out fast after early breakthrough on tour.

Good luck Juvan for rest of year and Bernie for tournament. She now has 8 wins in a row(10 if you count rather unimportant wins in Bundesliga). I think she will be very dangerous in the Main draw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts