Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
119,559 Posts
Congrats Mara... now w/o in the 2nd round. :lol:

Aga. :hug:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
pathetic performance Aga :eek:

I am so glad the clay season is over :eek: lets hope grass will be better :help:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Congrats to Mara.

I'm getting worried about Aga. She's not really beating players ranked above her. That's ok when it's top 10 players but she needs to start beating players ranked between #20 and #40 like Mara if she's going to progress.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Mara just seems to keep getting better & better. Congrats to her.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,044 Posts
Congrats to Mara.

I'm getting worried about Aga. She's not really beating players ranked above her. That's ok when it's top 10 players but she needs to start beating players ranked between #20 and #40 like Mara if she's going to progress.
Actually she defeated Hingis and Myskina (but both were in bad form then) and Dementieva who seemed to be in ok form.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Actually she defeated Hingis and Myskina (but both were in bad form then) and Dementieva who seemed to be in ok form.
It's weird. She raises her game when she's playing top players but, when she's playing players ranked above her but not really top players - #20-#40 - she doesn't seem to bring it. Is that just co-incidence or does she find it difficult to motivate herself? I don't get to see her very often, so I don't really know.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,044 Posts
It's weird. She raises her game when she's playing top players but, when she's playing players ranked above her but not really top players - #20-#40 - she doesn't seem to bring it. Is that just co-incidence or does she find it difficult to motivate herself? I don't get to see her very often, so I don't really know.
Well...it may be a problem in motivation, but also in changing her game. Year ago she served slower, was less powerful than now. I think that may be a problem. Also she finds it hard to play against players who are playing very powerful groundstrokes and service. I remember her match in Warsaw last year against Myskina - she played a very smart tennis, with lots of combination. Now I can't find a lot of it in her game - she is neither Venus, nor Hingis now. I saw only match point from the match and I'm sure she just played bad today, but I suppose she will be back to her level sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts