·
Premium Member
181,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hearts: :woohoo: :D :) very good stuff after early nerves

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
wow! long time since rezai gave such a mature performance at a GS! she really has made her breakthrough

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
RG R1: Rezai def. Sugiyama 6-3 6-2

Excellent play from Aravane. With the exception of the first serve in set 1, she was totally on top today, totally on her game. The confidence from last week will be big for her.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
This was always gonna be tough for Ai on clay, it's just a bad surface for her game...she beat Rezai by this scoreline a few months ago indoors.

Now after doubles, on to grass and hard!

·
From island to island
12,607 Posts
Shaky start but once she found her game, Ai was no match! Very impressive stuff!! :yeah:
She is improving years after years and each time I watch her, she seems more in control of her shots. Sure she doesn't try so many things apart of crushing the ball but she does it so well in every position possible that you have to give her credit for that. Her down the line shots are fantastic, it's obviously a sign of confidence!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Aravane :worship::hug:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
:) Good win, she is maturing nicely!

Hope she can make a run here. Would be nice to see her go deeper.

Tough draw for Ai. Sure she will have some better success in the doubles.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I was half expecting a bombout from Aravane after her amazing week at Strasbourg. What a mature, exciting performance from her! :D Good luck in the next round. Who would she face next?

Ai. :hug: Poor year so far.

·
Registered
35,852 Posts
9 match losing for streak for Ai (11 if you count the two Fed Cup losses against Serbia) and she hasn't won a match since the Australian Open :eek:

She's always been a player who has her bad patches, but I really feel the end of her singles career might be looming unless she starts winning some matches during the grass season.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts