Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Na Li had all of her fans and a huge contingent of Suicide Tennis players on the edge of their seats when she went down 3-5 to her unheralded German opponent Kloesel

but then the rain came and players left the court ...

the CTA has said that during this Olympic year, 1R losses are not acceptable so I bet they gave her quite a lecture during the rain delay

and when they returned after the break, Na lost only 1 game the whole rest of the match :bowdown: ... she conjured super_na to appear to replace error_na

·
Registered
18,940 Posts
Na :worship:

Great comeback! *phew*

Poor Sandra :hug:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both players only had 6 winners and both had 25 errors ... but Na won 70 points and Sandra only 46 so not sure if these stats are correct or not :tape:

·
Registered
23,560 Posts
congrats Na Li

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Na Li had all of her fans and a huge contingent of Suicide Tennis players on the edge of their seats when she went down 3-5 to her unheralded German opponent Kloesel

but then the rain came and players left the court ...

the CTA has said that during this Olympic year, 1R losses are not acceptable so I bet they gave her quite a lecture during the rain delay

and when they returned after the break, Na lost only 1 game the whole rest of the match :bowdown: ... she conjured super_na to appear to replace error_na
This is similar to Serena's 1st round match yesterday. When serena was behind in the 1st set,she told herself her goal was to stay not losing in the first round of a Grand Slam and she had never gone down in the first round of a grand slam.

When Na was 0:3 and 3:5 in the 1st set, i thought she should not lose since she had never lost to the non grand slam winners in a grand slam. Yeah, she did win,racing through the second set^_^

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Well, as a 'Suicider' who relied on Na Li I am delighted :D

On another note - it is not a huge vote of confidence for her to be picked so often on day 1 :tape:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
up next is either WC Parmentier or Q (something I can't spell) ... hopefully Na can get thru that match without as much trouble

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
well done, super na :woohoo:

it always hard to play the first match of the tournament .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts