(5) Amelie MAURESMO vs (3) Venus WILLIAMS

(4) Justine HENIN-HARDENNE vs (6) Lindsay DAVENPORT
(8) Chanda RUBIN vs (2) Kim CLIJSTERS

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Lindsay wont make it to QF
Chanda wont make it to QF
Amelie..wont make it to QF (or will she? I guess it depends on draw)

·
Registered
349 Posts
em, I like your prediction

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Don't discount Monica...I guess I'm grabbing at anything!! lol

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
mmcdonald said:
Lindsay wont make it to QF
Chanda wont make it to QF
Amelie..wont make it to QF (or will she? I guess it depends on draw)
just because Amelie beat Serena and Venus will not make her to lose early in RG :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Buitenzorg said:
Mine is : ;)

(1) Serena WILLIAMS vs (7) Jennifer CAPRIATI
(5) Amelie MAURESMO vs (3) Venus WILLIAMS

(4) Justine HENIN-HARDENNE vs (6) Lindsay DAVENPORT
(8) Chanda RUBIN vs (2) Kim CLIJSTERS
Wow, what creative predictions! And so many upsets too! When was the last time all of the top 8 seeds reached the QF? Answer me that, and then we'll talk.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
(19) Elena BOVINA (via upset of Serena Williams) vs. (21) Vera "Chubbo" ZVONAREVA

(10) Anastasia MYSKINA vs. Dinara SAFINA

(11) Elena DEMENTIEVA vs. Elena LIKHOVTSEVA

Lina KRASNOROUTSKAYA vs. Nadya PETROVA

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Well, as long as we're having fun here....

Why not?

Iva Majoli vs Monica Seles :hearts:
Jen Cap vs Mary Pierce :bounce:
Amanda Coetzer vs Conchita Martinez :kiss:
Patty Schnyder vs Anna Kournikova :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's a nice dream for me anyways!!!

Realistically, I expect these players to make the QF's:

Serena or Venus (for some reason I don't think they will both make it, but I'm sure I'll be wrong...)
Justine
Kim
Jen
Amelie

That leaves the door open for 3 surprises...Possibly Monica, Jelena, Myskina or Elena D? At least one Russian will make the Quarters I think....I would love to see Chanda make it through as well, but I won't be shocked if she loses in like the 3rd or 4th round to someone like Pierce or Martinez...Lots of floaters lurking around. It will be an interesting tourni- I can't wait for the draw!!!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
here is mine

1. s. williams vs jenny:they always seem to be in the same half and alwyas play at grand slams. They have provided us with fun matches the last two years at roland garros and this year should be no different.

2. Venus williams vs lindsay davenport: yes, i do think lindsay can make the quarters, because she has played very well on clay so far and i do believe this will be a fun match. Venus is not injured will win, but if she is injured and can't move that well, she might not even make it here or may retire during a match. who knows.

3. Henin-hardenne vs Amelie M: i can't spell her last name, dang. I think that if amelie can handle the pressure of the french crowd and being at home she has a great chance this year to make it quarters. she has the game, its just that she's so bad at dealing with presures at home. but i have a feeling this will be the year, her confidence is way up and she'll learn from past fiascos.

4. kim vs someone not in top 8: i dont kno who she'll face, but she'll win. I don think chanda right now is playing well enough to make quarters. i'm seeing a possible slot for dementiava, dokic(if she has a good draw), hantuchova.

Semi predictions:

1. Serena vs. Venus: if venus is healthy, this will be the semi finals match. I think that seeing as how this is semis and not finals, maybe venus will be able to finally beat her little sister. Right now, i'm still sticking with serena, she's too damn good right now.

2. clijsters vs. henin-hardenne: amelie's mind seems to be too fragile at the french, i think she can win that quarterfinal match, but i doubt it. I see a matchup between henin and clijsters, and i think henin will win, cuz she's on a roll.

finals:

1. serena williams vs. henin: serena will win again, i dont care if she's lost two matches this year!!!!! she'll get her game together and right now, she's got such an edge over anyone else at the grand slams. Its hard to pick against the current number 1 and winner of 4 straight gs.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
joaco said:
LMAO!!!!!!! You're so funny.... I like it when people have hopes...
DON'T DISRESPECT THE RUSSINAS!!!! UDACHI!!!

Anyway... Elena Bovina WILL win a major sometime in her career. I guarantee it. :) Why not now?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Mikey said:
Wow, what creative predictions! And so many upsets too! When was the last time all of the top 8 seeds reached the QF? Answer me that, and then we'll talk.
1993 RG:eek:...10 years ago........you never know:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Leena said:
(19) Elena BOVINA (via upset of Serena Williams) vs. (21) Vera "Chubbo" ZVONAREVA

(10) Anastasia MYSKINA vs. Dinara SAFINA

(11) Elena DEMENTIEVA vs. Elena LIKHOVTSEVA

Lina KRASNOROUTSKAYA vs. Nadya PETROVA
Leena,I agree with you! :)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
[1] Serena WILLIAMS USA vs. [13] Elena DEMENTIEVA RUS

[4] Justine HENIN-HARDENNE BEL vs. [5] Lindsay DAVENPORT

[11] Jelena DOKIC YUG vs. [3] Venus WILLIAMS USA

[17] Amanda COETZER RSA vs. [2] Kim CLIJSTERS BEL

Reactions: AKTW

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Jennifer will win it...i dont care whos in her way...its destiny!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
QF
Serena vs. Vivi (Ruano-Pascal)
Justine vs. Monica

Kim vs. Amelie
Venus vs. Daniela

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Capriati, though haven't defeated a player ranked higher than her in more than one and half years, should be able to reach the QFs, and no player can stop her before QF. The same applies to Serena Williams, Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters.

Venus Williams has not played a match since withdrawing from the match with Amelie and apart from the injury, she has won only 1 title out of the 4 she played this year. This is arguably the worst beginning of the year for a few years. I think her confidence this year is lower than last and the year before, she has been beaten by Serena 4 straight times in GS Finals, losing to Meghann Shaughnessy (though she is tough, Venus should have no problem against her in Nasdaq). So I wonder if she can reach QF with the injury and low confidence, if in fact she plays there. IMO, players like Elena Dementieva, if fit, Meghann, Schiavone and maybe Bovina can stop her before QF.

Davenport, never very comfortable on clay and with the injury, is not a guarantee for QF. Dementieva defeated her in AI and actually in 3 out of the last four encounters (I'm not saying so because she is my fav but this is the situation recently) so she may stop her in 4R. And perhaps Conchita Martinez, who still owns a winning record over Lindsay.

Rubin is not playing well on clay this year, watch out for Dementieva (again!), Myskina, Seles (if she reaches 4R injury-free), Zvonareva, Martinez and Schiavone. QF is not very likely.

Mauresmo? Same old story, her opponent is not a player but a demon in her mind. If she can overcome it, QF is a must, if not, she can lose to anyone.

So I will go for Serena, Jennifer, Kim, Justine in QF. Davenport, Amelie and Venus maybe there, but if not, Dementieva, Dokic, Zvonareva and Hantuchova may sneak in QF thanks to an easy draw. Rubin is not very likely to make QF.

My dream QF:
Serena Williams v Amelie Mauresmo (But this may not take place at all)
Justine Henin- Hardenne v Elena Dementieva (replacing Rubin) (Elena will not beat Justine this time most probably though :()

Venus Williams v Jennifer Capriati (Venus seems the most vulnerable Top 4 for Jenn now!)
Lindsay Davenport v Kim Clijsters (Kim owes Lindsay lately)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts