Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to have a stroll down memory lane of players that you were used to seeing in the draws, perhaps never a big fan of, but still sort of have fond memories of. I don't know if it makes much sense, but there a lot of players that fit that mold to me. Sidot is one of those players, who I miss seeing thier name in the draw. Along with Sarah Pitowski and Alexandra Fusai. Anyone else share similar memories ?

I don't know what it was about these ladies, and I probably only saw them getting blasted in the 1R of a slam, but for some reason I keep fond memories of them.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Magda Grzybowska :sad:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Jamie Saeng-Wa said:
I just wanted to have a stroll down memory lane of players that you were used to seeing in the draws, perhaps never a big fan of, but still sort of have fond memories of. I don't know if it makes much sense, but there a lot of players that fit that mold to me. Sidot is one of those players, who I miss seeing thier name in the draw. Along with Sarah Pitowski and Alexandra Fusai. Anyone else share similar memories ?

I don't know what it was about these ladies, and I probably only saw them getting blasted in the 1R of a slam, but for some reason I keep fond memories of them.
hi jamie.dont worry,a thread like this still makes a 100 times more sense than the crap that is brought up often here!i even find it very respectful from you to remember the old times,because so do i very often...
ok,my favs:considering the players you named,i d suppose you are in my age(29),right?some of the girls i liked,were:julie halard-decugis,nat tauziat,lori mcneill,zina garrison,amanda coetzer,dominique van roost,anke huber,iva majoli and so on...that was some kind of era...
and you are right,when you say that it wasnt only big successes,that made us feeling with them.it was much more..aura,spirit...

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
I will miss Marlene Weingartner, Daya Bedanova, Lina Krasnoroutskaya (if only consider that her rank was low)

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
my fav players who retired a few years ago

jana novotna :worship:
manuela maleeva :hug:
dominique monami :hearts: :hearts:
irina spirlea :devil:
julie halard-decugis :rocker:
barbara paulus :kiss:
nathalie tauziat :p
natasha zvereva :crazy:

players who retired recently

silvia farina-elia :hearts:
daja bedanova :)

Reactions: Farina Elia Fan

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
gmak said:
my fav players who retired a few years ago

jana novotna :worship:
manuela maleeva :hug:
dominique monami :hearts: :hearts:
irina spirlea :devil:
julie halard-decugis :rocker:
barbara paulus :kiss:
nathalie tauziat :p
natasha zvereva :crazy:

players who retired recently

silvia farina-elia :hearts:
oh yes,natasha,of course!!sorry,nearly forgot her..furthermore mary joe fernandez,gigi fernandez,jana of course,for her supreme fighting spirit!! :worship: that was a great time,guys... :)

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
when did weingartner and irvin retire? :eek:

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
yeah, i miss those years

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
gmak said:
when did weingartner and irvin retire? :eek:
marlenes retirement was announced a few days ago here in germany,together with anca barna.sad for the girls,but realistically,there was way to go on,they only hurt themselves constantly(mentally)...but i wish them all the best,they gave me some great moments! :worship:

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
marlene used to play her best tennis in Melbourne ;)

·
Banned
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alibaby said:
hi jamie.dont worry,a thread like this still makes a 100 times more sense than the crap that is brought up often here!i even find it very respectful from you to remember the old times,because so do i very often...
ok,my favs:considering the players you named,i d suppose you are in my age(29),right?some of the girls i liked,were:julie halard-decugis,nat tauziat,lori mcneill,zina garrison,amanda coetzer,dominique van roost,anke huber,iva majoli and so on...that was some kind of era...
and you are right,when you say that it wasnt only big successes,that made us feeling with them.it was much more..aura,spirit...
I'm actually 19 , but I've followed tennis quite a bit as you can tell haha. I started posting on these boards since i ws 14!, and the older board when I was younger then that.

The Chi sisters and the now retired Janet Lee also I'll miss.

Anne-Galle Sidot! I remember her beating Kournikova at Wimbledon.

Catalina Cristea also.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Jamie Saeng-Wa said:
I'm actually 19 , but I've followed tennis quite a bit as you can tell haha. I started posting on these boards since i ws 14!, and the older board when I was younger then that.

The Chi sisters and the now retired Janet Lee also I'll miss.

Anne-Galle Sidot! I remember her beating Kournikova at Wimbledon.

Catalina Cristea also.
yes,i remember them too.

·
Banned
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kimberly Po, Kerry Anne Guse, Erika de Lone, Ruxandra Dragomir, , Kristie Boogert, Gala-Leon Garcia, Patricia Hy-Boulais, and Karina Habsudova all came to my head just now.

I was a huge fan of Karina Habsudova, and I never knew why . I had totally forgotten about her recently.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts