Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was taken from a poster on another board as he attended the match:

Yesterday evening when Venus played, she was looking good and confident. She had on a very nice outfit, her hair in a long braid down her back. Her only jewelry was large gold hoop earrings and a gold ring on her finger. No diamonds flashing in the sun so far this year.

BTW, I think Davide was sitting in the stands between Richard and Kerri Brooks last night. I kept looking at this guy who kinda looked like Brett. But I don't think Serena is here. No sightings and she has never come before so I kept looking at him wondering who he was. Since I have not seen any recent clear pictures of Davide, I'm not sure.

Anyway, Venus played very well and by the end of the second game (really!) she had beat on her opponent so bad already, one could see the outcome of that one. The poor girl only was able to dig herself out of the barrage of aces, line balls, corner shots coming from Venus a couple of times. And no, the crowd was NOT for that underdog. It was Venus all the way. I mean Venus was playing like Venus used to play. A thing of beauty. But it may be easy to look good when your opponent is so far from your level of play.

At the end of the beating, Venus bounced to the net, shook hands, did her twirl a few times to a cheering crowd. She was a happy camper. But the happiest person ou there seemed to be the tournment representative who came out to interview Venus on court. He was just estatic. After last year's no show from Serena and plummeting ticket sales, this was just what they need. He asked Venus to come and make Stanford her third home, he gushed and he complimented. Venus just grinned the whole time.

·
49,001 Posts
I need match stats? Anyone have match stats, I think we'll see how well shes doing better that way. I cant find them at the BOTW website.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
i am really happy that she appears healthy and happy.. and that she is actively playing.:)

FEARLESS VENUS WILLIAMS RULES!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts