Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1523 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she can get it sorted out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rennae's playing Doha this week with Peschke - and they're into the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Renne is fine, and is in good health. She told me just after Xmas her schedule was pretty much the same schedule as always, but she was going to play Doha and Dubai.. She's not mentioned anything to me about retirement this year, I think people are speculating about the Olympics. She is playing the full year with Peschke - unless someone can tell me different and then I'll ask Rennae to confirm it.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
Renne is fine, and is in good health. She told me just after Xmas her schedule was pretty much the same schedule as always, but she was going to play Doha and Dubai.. She's not mentioned anything to me about retirement this year, I think people are speculating about the Olympics. She is playing the full year with Peschke - unless someone can tell me different and then I'll ask Rennae to confirm it.
Kveta confirmed it to friends of mine in Paris a couple of weeks ago :wavey:

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
woo... killed srebotnik and sugi!!! only lost 2 games:)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
This took some time to find - no post since August 2007 :eek:
But time to bump it - because at 38 Rennae was great in the final last night. Though her serve was a bit off, her volleying was first rate. Her returns were a little dodgy at the start which had Sam in the firing line, but she soon opened her shoulders.
The Williams had all the weapons, but time and time again, they were out smarted by the Aussies net skills.
Though Rennae dropped serve twice - she'd have to be proud of her performance - including a between the legs shot mid court :lol:
Rennae looks so fit as well.... :eek:

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Rennae is 38 years old and only has 39 posts in her player forum. :spit:

I heard Conchita is helping Rennae with her game.

Yeah.. right. :hehehe:

Great effort vs Penus & Ree last night.

·
Registered
18,059 Posts
Impressive grasscourt season for Rennae and Sammy :yeah:
38 years old and still in contention for some of the biggest prizes in world sport.
Good on her.

When she does end her career, it would be nice if she did it in Australia. Not that she would get the hype and fanfare that she deserves, but for us 'true' tennis fans, it'd be a nice way to say goodbye to one of our top players. Too many have suddenly ended their careers and given home fans no real opportunity to say goodbye

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if her intentions are to play the next Olympic Games with Sam, then re-asses things after that. Yeah she's 38 now, but she is still a top 10 doubles player and is reaching Grand Slam finals. Things are going great for her so I think she'll be around for a while. She will also want to be involved in Australia's recent Fed Cup resurgence.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If she didnt have a stable regluar partner as well things might be different, but her and Sams schedualing and limited events seems to fit in perfectly with each other. They are also great friends by the look of it as Rennae seems to be in the stands for alot of Sams singles. Retirement wouldnt be on her mind!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Why would she retire when she is still making what you would have to consider a good living financially. Remember, once she stops playing what does she do? Coach some player on the challengers circuit for peanuts?

She will ride this one to the max and I'm with her all the way.

·
Registered
18,059 Posts
I never said that she is going to retire soon...
All I said was that I hope when she does decide to retire that she does it in Australia.

Obviously if she is making Grand Slam doubles finals and still loves the game, there is no reason for her to quit.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Pictures of Stubbsy for you guys I took at Eastbourne...was rooting for her and Sam in the finals at Wimby...but not to be...

Reactions: OZTENNIS
41 - 60 of 1523 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.