Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grown suspicious that no one wants to play doubles with her any longer. She has played with Vania King this year and also with Voscoboeva or whatever her name is.

The week when she played with Voscoboeva she could have played with either Lisa Raymond who prefered Nadja Petrova as Samantha Stosur was obviously resting or Corina Morariu.

Did the girls have arguments with Rennae or why does she end up with these low ranked players now?

She could play with Elena Likhovtseva now, a very good doubles player, who also has no permanent partner at the moment....

Does anyone know more? Explanations? Suggestions? What do you think? :confused:

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
I have grown suspicious that no one wants to play doubles with her any longer. She has played with Vania King this year and also with Voscoboeva or whatever her name is.

The week when she played with Voscoboeva she could have played with either Lisa Raymond who prefered Nadja Petrova as Samantha Stosur was obviously resting or Corina Morariu.

Did the girls have arguments with Rennae or why does she end up with these low ranked players now?

She could play with Elena Likhovtseva now, a very good doubles player, who also has no permanent partner at the moment....

Does anyone know more? Explanations? Suggestions? What do you think? :confused:
She played with Gajdosova not Voskoboeva last week :p Gajdosova is friends with a lot of Aussie players and there were even rumors that she was going to switch her nationality to the Australian one. I think this partnership wasn't so strange :p As for Likhovsteva,she didn't play the green court events and she has a partner : Vesnina:p
But the fact that Stubbs keeps changing her partners is indeed strange so maybe you are right.:p
Maybe she also wants to help young girls to play doubles like Navratilova did as King and Gajdosova are both very young.

·
Registered
54,895 Posts
Maybe she also wants to help young girls to play doubles like Navratilova did as King and Gajdosova are both very young.
Gajdosova is gonna turn 20 this month and not the biggest of prospects :p

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
She might have troubles to get along with a partner. I thought first that she would play the whole year with Morariu, but obviously, they don't want to. She tried with King I think, and then Gajdosova, but nothing more....
My conclusion is it's not that easy to find a doubles partner, and maybe she has expectations the other ones don't have. Anyway, quite sad though, a waste of a good doubles player. But as far as I'm concerned, I prefer 1000 times Cara to play with Liezel! :D

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
poor stubbs... she's such a fine doubles player. at least some young guns can see how great doubles is :)

·
Registered
39,700 Posts
What did she do?

I know that Hantuchova hates Stubbs.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
for one thing she talked out of the closet, didn't she? it was a funny article.

·
Registered
29,012 Posts
What did she do?

I know that Hantuchova hates Stubbs.
She was just a complete brat. I mean, bitching about every call and smashing the net with her racquet, dropping the f-bomb all the time.

You could tell Corina was embarrassed, and she barely talked to her after the match.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
i still am wondering why peschke and francesca split up. they were so great together :/

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
i still am wondering why peschke and francesca split up. they were so great together :/
And they seemed to have fun! In YEC in Madrid, even in the semi while loosing a lot, Franci and Kveta had moments of laughing on court, and their training sessions were so relaxed! I'm disappointed they splitted! :sad:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
:lol:

I just couldn't believe her. I mean, it wasn't like she and Corina were playing bad. Lena Bovina was just playing amazingly well. :drool:

It was hilarious when she yelled ''Is that fucking machine on?'' :haha:
That's funny, I'm not surprised! In YEC, during the finals, her attitude was not that bitchy, but it was weird... she even seemed to be mad at Cara for being injured at times! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
I don't think it's something personal against Rennae, but she does go apeshit on court. I'm sure most players don't want to deal with focusing on their own game AND playing psychiatrist for Rennae during the match.

Vania is a solid doubles player though and she reached the finals of Tokyo with Stubbsy this year, so it's not like she's playing with scrubs. At this point I think she really is just trying to snag another slam and she's trying out partners until she finds one that she thinks she can get there with.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:confused: why 3 threads:rolleyes:
Sorry but I am not checking this board every day. Was just wondering and thus I started this thread. However, thanks anyone for their contributions... :)

·
She's back. Why you mad?
2,895 Posts
I think she is gonna hang around for the 2008 olympics then call it quits. I think that she would have good partnerships with Nicole Pratt, Ai Sugiyama, and Alicia Molik. I think her and Molik would make the best team and would definetly be a tough team on the faster surfaces.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She played with Gajdosova not Voskoboeva last week :p As for Likhovsteva,she didn't play the green court events and she has a partner : Vesnina:p
All right, 2:0 to you! :p However, do you consider Vesnina as a doubles player? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts