Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I just cant figure out why a player of her calibre cant get back into shape and make it back to the top ten where she belongs. I had such high hopes for her when she made the qf at the French last year but nothing... :mad:

I know that she has been injured a lot but I just dont think that is the entire reason. Does anyone think that she is having a much harder time dealing with the break up with Robbie ALomar than we thaught????

Poor Mary, you belong amongst the best...please dont end your career like this... :sad:

Reactions: Meesh

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I hate seeing Mary like this. I wish she would get it together quick. :sad: :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Drama Queen....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I just read the Berlin draw and saw that she is in a good section of the draw, hopefully she can soidate some good plays and wins and get back in form. I would like to see her at the top again too.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
She plays Virginia RUANO PASCUAL (ESP) in the first round of Berlin. They have never played each other on clay and haven't played each other since 1999!!! Good Luck Mary, I hope she plays like she did in Charleston!

Head to Head against Viriginia
1997 Wimbledon Grass (O) 64 Mary PIERCE 6-0 2-6 6-3
1999 Key Biscayne Hard (O) 32 Mary PIERCE 6-1 6-1

Mary PIERCE (FRA) leads 2 : 0

Virginia hasn't had the best clay season, she lost in the second round of Ameila Island and Charleston

1 - 5 of 5 Posts