Tennis Forum banner

541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Rebeka posted this message on instagram last month:

Hi everyone👋🏽 I haven’t really posted anything lately, so here’s a little update.

Second week of January I was practicing when I slipped on a wet court and injured my knee. I had to get a surgery a couple of days later to fix it. Even though this sounds like really bad news my knee is recovering really well. I still have a couple of months until I can start practising 100%. But thankfully I have an amazing medical team & physios and my family is supporting and helping me to get through this.

During this time I had the chance to do all the other things I can’t usually do because I am practicing and traveling most of the time. But nothing beats the feeling I have when I’m playing tennis or when I'm competing. The feeling of winning or just the feeling of giving it all during practice and during a match.

Obviously this isn’t very easy for me but this injury taught me a lot. It showed me how much I love tennis and how grateful I am for having the amazing opportunity to work for my goals.

I’m working hard and I‘m very confident that I will come back even better than I was before!! I can’t wait to be back on court ❤💪🏽

http://instagr.am/p/Bgyb0KHBeO8/
She's been doing some other stuff meanwhile to occupy herself...

...like turning up to one of her sister's lectures at medical school.
https://streamable.com/lfr8l

...and finding old pics of herself.

...and eating!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Rebeka went to the Hammamet $15k in Tunisia. But not to play. She was acting as coach for her sister Veronika.

Veronika unfortunately lost her qualifying match.

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Rebeka is back. Plays doubles this week with fellow Swiss hopeful Ylena In-Albon. Glad that they kept their friendship through their nationality change. :hearts:
Good luck Rebi!!

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
R1: In-Albon/Masarova def. Cavalle-Reimers/Gamiz 6-3, 6-2 :hearts:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Rebeka tries a comeback at 15K Badenweiler this week :).

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Masarova def. Vasilescu 6-4, 6-2 :)

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
15K Badenweiler

QF: [5]Rebeka Masarova def. [Q]Carmen Schultheiss 6-1, 6-2 :banana:
SF vs. Constance Sibille :cheer:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Next up for her will be 15K Montemor-O-Novo, where she will play just like her final opponent Nina Stadler :cheer:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
Beats Nina Stadler 6-2, 7-5, saving two set points at 3-*5

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
https://bazonline.ch/sport/tennis/das-masarovadrama/story/15492068

This has some details on the timeline of her career so far, but it's overly dramatic and negative. :rolleyes: Be skeptical of the source.

Rebeka has worked very hard to physically rehab, as seen on her IG, but is it correct that she's still coached by her mom, who has little knowledge of tennis?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
https://bazonline.ch/sport/tennis/das-masarovadrama/story/15492068

This has some details on the timeline of her career so far, but it's overly dramatic and negative. :rolleyes: Be skeptical of the source.

Rebeka has worked very hard to physically rehab, as seen on her IG, but is it correct that she's still coached by her mom, who has little knowledge of tennis?
It has always seemed to me, that Rebeka has too many options and actually does not know, if she wants to play tennis professionally. It's also true, that she has trained too much fitness and not tennis-specific exercises.
Still hope, she will scratch the curve and have a good career, but she needs professional tennis and fitness trainer.

The statement, at the moment, it's easy as rare, to reach the top 100 among women and lead a well-remunerated life :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Great win for Rebeka today at 25K St. Cugat.

R1: (Q)Masarova def. (3)Zarazua 6-1, 6-4 :yeah:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
Rebeka Masarova def. Estrella Cabeza Candela 6-2, 3-6, 6-2 :banana:

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #558
QF: [Q]Rebeka Masarova def. [7]Cristina Bucsa 6-4, 6-4 :banana:

541 - 560 of 585 Posts