Tennis Forum banner

681 - 700 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
100k Midland R2
Lost to Cathy McNally, 17yrs old ranked 411, but playing as well as a top100 atm. 4-6 1-6
I watched a few games. Marino seemed slow moving left and right.
She hits very flat, like Abanda, so when they lack accuracy it's hard to win a match against a decent player. If they both added some top spin it would help them a lot to keep the ball in play. However it could be to late to change that for her.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Lost 6-4 1-6 3-6
Decent fight but disappointing none the less
I can't help but think she reached a plateau and that it will be very hard to get at least to the top 100, similarly to Abanda.
Perhaps her body will not allow her to ever get back to her peak level of tennis. Not her fault if that happens and she deserves kudos to try her best.

·
Premium Member
45,295 Posts
Rebecca leads the H2H 2-0. First played in 2010 & last year in Lubbock (which she went on to win :)). SF is already her best result of the Japan swing she is on. Hope she can take care of business and advance to the final. :cheer:

·
Registered
6,956 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rebbeca made it to the final of Kurume 60K! She'll be playing Yuki Naito for the title.

Additionally, Rebecca is currently the 9th alternate on the 100K Surbiton tournament. She'll be building a nice cushion if she performs well during the grass season as she did not play at all in June 2018.

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
Rebbeca made it to the final of Kurume 60K! She'll be playing Yuki Naito for the title.

Additionally, Rebecca is currently the 9th alternate on the 100K Surbiton tournament. She'll be building a nice cushion if she performs well during the grass season as she did not play at all in June 2018.

Good week for Marino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

681 - 700 of 730 Posts