Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebecca, whose CHR is 38th place, played her first Pro circuit matches since Memphis 2013. She qualified for the main draw of the 15K tournament in Antalya this week after 3 wins, in which she dropped a total of 10 games. She plays fellow qualifier Sina Zuger from Switzerland in MDR1.
Good luck to her and hopefully she could return to the Top 100 :cheer: I definitely missed her presence in the WTA Tour.

Reactions: matty and Ryan

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
She completely destroyed Sina Züger 6-1 6-2!!! :woohoo:

Reactions: PLP and Sobachka

·
Registered
54,425 Posts
I love how all these talented players retire (Marino, Barty, Baczsinsky, MJMS...) and when they find out how tough and boring life is when you work and earn shitty wages in the real world while you have a natural gift that allows you to travel around the world, stay in luxury hotels for free and earn big $$$ they leave all depressions, pressures and stuff behind and crawl back to tennis. In the end life is not that hard being a professional tennis player, right? Sure you have pressure and can be lonely sometimes but you don't get payed THAT much for just sitting in your backyard.

Reactions: eDonkey

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I love how all these talented players retire (Marino, Barty, Baczsinsky, MJMS...) and when they find out how tough and boring life is when you work and earn shitty wages in the real world while you have a natural gift that allows you to travel around the world, stay in luxury hotels for free and earn big $$$ they leave all depressions, pressures and stuff behind and crawl back to tennis. In the end life is not that hard being a professional tennis player, right? Sure you have pressure and can be lonely sometimes but you don't get payed THAT much for just sitting in your backyard.
Spend six months living the life of a tennis professional and then get back to us. It's easy to judge from the sidelines, but it's not an easy life and not everyone is cut out for it.

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
You realize Marino has struggled with mental health issues and severe depression since she was a teenager yes?

What an awful, ill informed post.

Shame on you.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,592 Posts
So happy to see Becs being back healthy, first of all.

I stumbled across Becs at the grocery store right before Xmas and she looked happy, in shape, was smiling. A whole different energy.

I was first row seeing her struggling a few years back and it was heartbreaking. But she did what she had to do, and if she wants to try again, then its honorable.

And I'm pretty sure it's not about money or 'easy life', but to wrap-up something she has worked on all her life. She seemed to love going to University abd teaching tennis.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I love how all these talented players retire and when they find out how tough and boring life is when you work and earn shitty wages in the real world while you have a natural gift that allows you to travel around the world, stay in luxury hotels for free and earn big $$$ they leave all depressions, pressures and stuff behind and crawl back to tennis.
I'm sorry, but this comment is so utterly clueless. As someone who has struggled with mental health issues, please don't minimise them and make people out to be spoiled or dumb for suffering from them. It's not just 'can be lonely sometimes', I assure you.

In the end life is not that hard being a professional tennis player, right?
As a regular poster on this forum, I'd think that you'd know better than this.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
I was not a fan, but I hope she is happy and healthy.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts