Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't have any. I have accepted the ranking system, I think it's very reaonable, so I accept every no. 1 as a deserved one. It was same for Martina, Jen and Lindsay.

However, not everyone does think so.
Remember the hundreds of threads last year why Martina, Jen and Lindsay doesn't deserve to be no. 1.
The most common reasons were:

Martina - hasn't won't a tournament for months and a Slam for ages
Jen - plays badly right now, doesn't beat the top-players
Lindsay - has done badly at slams

So I think it would only be fair to come up with some opinions why Venus doesn't deserve it !?

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
I used to say for Jenn and Martina that they were ranked n#1 and they were not the best players at the moment.:rolleyes:

And Venus is ranked #3 #2 or #1 and she is always the best player on courts. NO need the crown to know who's the best;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Venus hasn't played enough tournaments, so she shouldn't be number 1 ;)

·
Banned
2,029 Posts

She doesn't use enough obscenities.

She doesn't date any ATP players.

She doesn't play in enough continents.

She doesn't get into enough slumps.

She doesn't mature enough from year to year.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I see what you mean GoDominique.

As a Capriati fan I should perhaps be somewhat vindictive and say something bad about Venus, since so many have said awful things (and still do) about Jennifer, and for no good reason.

However, just as Jenn, Hingis, Davey and many others before them have rightfully earned the No. 1 ranking, Venus Williams will have earned it rightfully too.

So, all the nonsensical ideas about players not deserving the top spot I now hope will cease!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Did I mention...

Venus doesn't deserve to be number 1 cause she is addicted to .....

DIAMONDS!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
They were beads actually. Don't take a swipe if you don't have the correct info. Smirk.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I understand what this thread originator was trying to do...so I thought about it and thought about it and I really can't come up with one logical reason she shouldn't be #1

Unlike Capriati there is no top 10 player she can't or hasn't beaten.

Unlike Martina she is not slamless or failing to win tournaments or even struggling against top 10 players...as Martina was last year.

Lindsay is the same as Venus...there should have been no rational reasons why her claim to #1 was challenged. It hasn't been eons since she won a slam, she can beat everybody including her major nemisis...Serena!

So poke fun all you like...but Venus is the undisputed best player...which is what being #1 should be about!

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Go Itsallaboutinis!

Your post? Like music to my ears. :D

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
One reason i can come up with is that Venus and her sister play tennis like men, their succes is based on that they hit the ball so hard that some of the other women on the tour who play class tennis don't have a chance to catch the ball. Looking at the Williams sisters, i can't say the play class tennis, cause all they do is to try to make the match as short as possible, now who can take a serve over 200km/h . I prefer watching someone like Hingis, Capriati or Henin to mention a few, they try to play the game and their succes is not based on a hard serve.

Mauresmo and Davenport are the same kind of players like the W sisters. they play like men with hard serves and Mauresmo looks like a man too :rolleyes:

Don't let these kind of players become #1 one the tour, it would ruin the tour IMO.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
you make me wretch, i promise

You are an idiot nasty nick. All the ladies on tour are 100% woman. I can't stand guys like you who think they can define what a woman is. Women can be dainty and sweet and rough and tumble. We can be as strong as we want to be. We can lift weights, and compete in sports without having to give up womanhood.

You are are sexist. You're probably the type of guy who wants his woman tied to the kitchen table with a skillet in one hand a baby suckling on a breast. Well if a woman chooses that hooray for her but not everyone is the same. We can be atheletic and sexy and brainy and whatever else we want to be without validation from men. what the heck is class tennis? Do you think if these so called "class" players could strike the ball as hard as lindsay they wouldn't? Of course they would! Everyone on the tour has power and class(finesse) so go stuff yourself and stop trying to divide the women. We have unity and don't need some scrub like you in the mix. Why don't you grow up and stop being so intimidated by women? what, afraid we'll take your're job next?

Men like you should go back to the cave you crawled out of.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
PS: Lindsay herself and Martina(at one point) both said they did not feel like the number one player. so what do you say when the person who is actually number one says they dont' feel like they're number one? answer, you shut up and listen because obviously they know what there talking about.

note: jen did not say this because she knew she desevered her number one ranking.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
nasty nick#2 said:
One reason i can come up with is that Venus and her sister play tennis like men, their succes is based on that they hit the ball so hard that some of the other women on the tour who play class tennis don't have a chance to catch the ball. Looking at the Williams sisters, i can't say the play class tennis, cause all they do is to try to make the match as short as possible, now who can take a serve over 200km/h . I prefer watching someone like Hingis, Capriati or Henin to mention a few, they try to play the game and their succes is not based on a hard serve.

Mauresmo and Davenport are the same kind of players like the W sisters. they play like men with hard serves and Mauresmo looks like a man too :rolleyes:

Don't let these kind of players become #1 one the tour, it would ruin the tour IMO.
Shut up and get a life nasty nick or whatever you call yourself:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
nasty nick#2: i don't think its ruining the tour... i actually think its called - evolution!

womens tennis has entered a new phase! there always has been new phases in each generation of tennis! like switching from wooden to graphite racquets or whatever!

and its not really called playing like men! it's being fit and strong! there's nothing wrong with that!

and how would you define class tennis huh? loopy moonballing? :p if you want long matches go watch loopy players! while there's nothing wrong with them it seems that is what you define real tennis as!

there is no real/classy tennis! it's just tennis! there's just many ways to approach it! whether you want to be a belter, a retriever, a net player, a lobber, whatever! it's still tennis!

and havent you realised that womens tennis is more popular than ever before? :p

so IMO your opinion pretty much sucks! :p :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Dang Nasty, they do call you Nasty, if lady's tennis is too fast for you, try badminton. :cool:

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Re: you make me wretch, i promise

cybelledarkholmexx said:
You are an idiot nasty nick.
That's a personal attack, shall i sue you :D

All the ladies on tour are 100% woman. I can't stand guys like you who think they can define what a woman is. Women can be dainty and sweet and rough and tumble. We can be as strong as we want to be. We can lift weights, and compete in sports without having to give up womanhood.
My point is NOT that they aren't women, my point is that they are better then most other female tennis player cause they are taller with more muscles and can surve harder, That's the diffrent but i believe some ppl are too sensitive on this board.

You are are sexist. You're probably the type of guy who wants his woman tied to the kitchen table with a skillet in one hand a baby suckling on a breast. Well if a woman chooses that hooray for her but not everyone is the same. We can be atheletic and sexy and brainy and whatever else we want to be without validation from men.
draw your own conclusions if you want. Im not a sexist but you are for sure a feminist, and i for sure can't take feminists.

what the heck is class tennis? Do you think if these so called "class" players could strike the ball as hard as lindsay they wouldn't? Of course they would! Everyone on the tour has power and class(finesse) so go stuff yourself and stop trying to divide the women.
Temper temper ;) yeah yeah girl power yada yada yada spiceupyourlife.com and get a life :drool:

We have unity and don't need some scrub like you in the mix. Why don't you grow up and stop being so intimidated by women? what, afraid we'll take your're job next?
We so you talk for every women on this Planet?you probaly work for some women organisation where you never have to cominicate with men. Maybe you were the one who got your job stolen from a man :kiss: that explains why you are so hateful at us.

Men like you should go back to the cave you crawled out of.
No, you should crawl outta your cave and face the reality.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts