Tennis Forum banner

Is the person a real friend?

• yes, this is acceptable, he's still a real friend.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No, real friends help no matter what.

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... topic closed ...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
This person is not a real friend.....i mean you gotta help eachother out as friends....It's different if it happens all the time i mean i wouldn't do this all the time but i would add the name on the sheet because i know that my friends would help me out when i haven't made my homework.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
what school to you go to where they allow you to add others name onto your homework sheets? im jealous.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I can see your viewpoint; however, I cannot blame this friend for saying no. If he worked hard on his paper and you didn't, despite the fact that you needed to complete this assignment to have a shot of passing this course, then he shouldn't have to "carry you" through the course.

If a friend asked me to do this for him/her, I would absolutely say no. Every person should be responsible for his or her own schoolwork. Friends should be there to support you, not do your work for you.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Instead of asking him to do your job, you should have asked him for help on yours. I think you're the bad friend in this situation.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
I agree with apoet29.

If you have to work very hard to make and finish a paper..then no other should run away with points or whatever for something they didn't even make.

anyway..can't say it better then apoet..friends are there to support you, not to do your work :)

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
You don't use your friends for that... that's what ugly boys are for.

·
***** Emeritus
42,575 Posts
Can I ask a question: how come you're late with it?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
the question here is...how good of a friend are you? because a good friend would never ask his/her friend to lie for him. a good friend helps a friend to do that right thing. no matter what.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
selesrules said:
So if a friend needs money to buy food, you will tell him GO WORK FOR YOUR OWN MONEY? Where do you draw the line?
Get better friends... what the hell can a poor bum do for you?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
selesrules said:
So if a friend needs money to buy food, you will tell him GO WORK FOR YOUR OWN MONEY? Where do you draw the line? Would you let a friend get fired if you can stop it? Would you let a friend fail a class if you can stop it?
it depends, selesrules...if you know this friend to be a lazy ass who basically spends his life mooching off of others then yes...i would tell him to get up off his lazy ass and earn some food. however, if your friend is a productive person who just happened to run out of money this week and needed help for whatever reason...then mostly certainly i would give it to him and not even expect it back.

you see, it's about knowing your friends and the situation. you can't just give a yes or no answer.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
selesrules said:
By reading some of the replies here, I think that good friends are getting very rare. I guess everyone is to himself these days.
no doubt. real friends are rare, selesrules. that's why, when you find one, you don't ask them to compromise their integrity for you. you cherish real friends.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
selesrules said:
By reading some of the replies here, I think that good friends are getting very rare. I guess everyone is to himself these days.
Herself. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
somebody seems a lil defensive.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
selesrules said:
So you should never ask for help if you really are in trouble? What kind of friends do you have? Integrity? Please, everyone at one point has cheated including this person, you, me and everyone on the planet.
what kind of friends do i have? good ones. lifelong ones. ones that would never ask me to cheat and lie for them. mature ones.

sure, people cheat. but one would hope that once one is old enough to be in college (and i'm thinking you're still a student) that you should know right from wrong by then. and regardless of what you did in your immaturity, that as an adult you work towards living with yes...integrity.

you ask what it is? selesrules...where were you raised, a barn? is this a concept that perhaps was not passed on to you by someone like say a......parent???

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
why ask a question and get offended when people disagree with you, yknow?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
decemberlove said:
why ask a question and get offended when people disagree with you, yknow?
okay? and not just a question, but a poll as well. so you give some answers from what you honestly believe and he/she gets all riled up at me. i'm thinking, "hey, i'm not the dumbass who didn't do my homework".

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
DeuceDiva said:
okay? and not just a question, but a poll as well. so you give some answers from what you honestly believe and he/she gets all riled up at me. i'm thinking, "hey, i'm not the dumbass who didn't do my homework".
right. what this friend did is right... cos in the future it would only hurt selesrules. learn some time management... you wont always have someone you know there to bail you out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts