Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Readers take writer to task for story on Serena Williams

Your reports from Roland Garros confirmed what I have always thought: The objectivity in journalism is a lie. It is an absurd and ridiculous concept that has never applied in reporting.

In your articles "Serena goes down to Justine in the French lion pit" is so obvious your dislike for Serena Williams that one cannot stop to think whether your arguments are based more by your personal feelings than your knowledge of tennis. Your comments are so unobjective that even those who don't admire Ms. Williams (like me) can appreciate that quality.

Anyway, next time I see your name in any information I will be prepared to read an "objective" report against Serena Williams.

Ana Luzardo Flores
Caracas, Venezuela

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Eleanor Preston] is too biased to do any impartial reporting. Look at her beginning sentence: "After three rather dull, all-Williams Grand Slams and a rouser in Australia, it's about time women's tennis enjoyed a little bit of drama that involved another player"

How can you say rather dull when the competion was between the two best players in the world? Is it because they happen to be black that you call that dull? Shame on you. Do you know that the TV ratings in the US were higher for these two"dull" finals than the men's?

Everybody who watched the game knows the crowd contributed greatly to Serena's loss but you don't see that. You must be from Indian Wells. Shame on you. Next time use your brain to write your article, not your anger.

Peggy Nato
Tampa Bay, Fla. USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What [Eleanor Preston] said "Henin-Hardenne plainly did not lie because she did not speak, and it did Williams no favors to throw such accusations at a player not known for gamesmanship of any kind."

Are you kidding me, did you watch the whole game with your eyes open and unbiased I don't think so. Let me help you figure out what happen since you are obviously bias and need an excuse to explain Justine's unprofessional behavior.
First of all the one time the crowed turned against [Martina] Hingis was when she displayed poor tennis etiquette. She was serving as if she was playing racket ball instead of tennis, so the crowd booed her. In this situation the crowd became hostile because Serena correctly questioned two non-calls and it was correctly righted by the judge.

But Justine acted as if Serena was cheating and the crowd picked up on that and started really rallying against Serena. When Serena tried to get a do over on her serve because Justine raised her hand, which means by the way that she is not ready. Justine started making crazy gestures as if to say what are you talking about I didn't do anything. The replay clearly showed that Justine raised her hand while Serena was serving. It also caught all of her over-the-top gestures.

Again, Justine's behavior was disgusting at best; she knew what she was doing she wanted that crowd to bother Serena and they succeeded.

I believe this behavior towards the Williams sisters does tinge on race, if you don't believe it then you must be white. ... When you make excuses as to why the fans were acting so badly by blaming Serena – the nicest, most well mannered person in tennis – than I think they need more diversity in the media. These excuses tell me that the media knows the crowd had a mental problem of the racial kind that's why there falling all over themselves to explain the situation.

And, by the way, Oracene [Price] was correct in criticizing the fans but I feel her criticism should have equally gone to Henin-Hardenne.

Ted Reeves
New York, N.Y., USA

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
you serena-fans can keep on making threads like these, it won't change the facts or do you really expect some official to stand up and take away Justine's GS-title because she raised her hand?

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
what's with the 'you serena fans'... so only non-serena fans can make threads 'like these'? :rolleyes:

I knew EleBORE would get her head chewed off and gosh darn-it I was right. :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Non-serena fans wouldn't bother with this crap.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
oh, but non-Serena fans are so righteous... gimme a break. that was funny, rtael... how old are you again? :eek:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am so upset that Henin put her hand up and that the French crowd was against Serena because NOW Serena and her fans have ANOTHER excuse to why she lost. I'm sure we'll never hear the end of this, just like fucking Indian Wells!

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
And of course you and many others don't want to hear about I.Wells because, a racially motivated mob booed Serena from beginning to end, and of course we don't want to face racism, so we'd rather forget about it. While we're at it let's forget about slavery and the holocaust.

Funny how some of you are tired of these threads, but have posted the majority of post.....HMMMM

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
LOL Willow I got a chuckle out of that too.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
So if you dont like somebody if has to be because of skin tone?? Right? That makes no fucking sense. People dont like others with big fucking mouths and egos to match, regardless of their skin colour, and that is why people booed Serena at IW and RG.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
So if you dont like somebody if has to be because of skin tone?? Right? That makes no fucking sense. People dont like others with big fucking mouths and egos to match, regardless of their skin colour, and that is why people booed Serena at IW and RG.

Well then you and everyone else on earth should hate the Capster with passion...;)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Please site examples of Cappy's over sized ego... You can't because there isn't any. Too bad you cant say the same about Serena

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
So if you dont like somebody if has to be because of skin tone?? Right? That makes no fucking sense. People dont like others with big fucking mouths and egos to match, regardless of their skin colour, and that is why people booed Serena at IW and RG.[/QUOTE

If that is the case Capriati should be booed off the court EVERY time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I think the point being put out there is, through all the Bull Shit you dumb fucks try and put us through about telling us of Serena's Arrogance etc. Look at the big picture. About the only dumb thing Serena has said her entire time on the tour was her French Comment about the war or whatever she is talking about. Serena and Venus have done nothing wrong. And as much as you fucks like to ignore the race factor. In my mind that is exactly what it is all about. Its all about Kim and Justine and etc, such angels on and off the court and everyone loves them. But when they get stuck in certain situations, like what Justine did in that Semi final, they true colors show up. Don't tell me about the "underdog" or the "crowd favorites excuse" if that was the case then wouldn't you think Venus and Serena would've been the underdog or the crowd favroites at least once? Aww yeah you heard me right, just another proven point. Like i said in another post. The crowd needs a white gurl to cheer for. That is what they have always done, and they really don't aprreciate these black gurls taking over the game. Look at when Venus and Serena are playing eachother. They crowd is just dead. They have no white gurl to cheer for in the match so 90% of the time they aren't even making a damn sound. It really is a shame. When you look at the big pictures. Tennis is so popular b/c of Venus and Serena. US Open is now Prime Time, b/c of Venus and Serena. There is more coverage of tennis b/c of Venus and Serena. As much as people would love to add Anna K in this topic. Anna has been on espn or nbc or cbs, in about two or three years since she got to wimbledon semi or whatever she accomplished. These people should be glad to be able to have Venus and Serena on the tour, but right now all I see is them attempting to run them off the tour. But Oracene has brought them up as Strong Black Independent women, and they are making it through this storm. They are still on top, and even though they didn't win the french, they still have a strangle hold on these players. Venus is still number 2 by a long shot, and Serena is number 1 by a long shot. Of the ranking changes, Justine is really the only 1 right now that has earned her ranking. She is ranked where she is b/c she plays and wins. Kim Clijsters does the same, but she is where she is b/c of Venus Williams. I :rolleyes: at anyone's opinions on the rankings regarding venus and kim cuz the system is all out fucked up and its clear who is number 2.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CAPPY4EVER said:
Tell me also that justlying do not have an ego and big mouth. All during the french open she talking her shit and have the nerve to say "now I know who is not happy the Williames" If V/S had said that crap the board would have treads 10 miles long. Justlying cheated to win the french open and her fans are proud of it. justlying is low life to the core.

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Can I just ask, because I didn not see the match. Was there a camera shot with both Serena AND Justine in (ie one from perhaps behind Serena) that not only showed Serena mid-serve but also Justine holding her hand up. If not then I can't clearly see how anyone (on either side of the arguement) can come to the conclusion that Justine cheated.

I have seen posts by people who say Justine put her hand up while Serena served but didn't admit to it and that this is proved by a close-up shot of Justine doing so - but who's to say that THAT shot was while Serena was serving?

Media reels are always juxtapositioned to back up stories that can often be false. You only have to look at that whole Michael Jackson thing - there was ton's of stuff cut and re-arranged in that "unbias" story to make out that he said he only had surgery once. However on the back-up tape immediately after he said that he admitted to having a lot done on his nose.

I know the two stories are unrelated but, but it is just an example of the juxtapotition of media footage to create a story. But like I said I didn't see the match, if anyone has a link to any footage to this supposed 'cheating' then please post it so that I can make an informed desition.

Thanks,
-Rachel :wavey:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
OMG! Is this about the 100th thread you've made about this, leslie?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts