Tennis Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3235 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Re: Football, Fotbal, Fútbol, Voetbal, Fußball, Futebol, футбол, Fotball, 足球, Calcio.

Considering his past actions, I am having doubts as to where Ramos did not intentionally armlocked Sallah into a nasty fall... he could have certainly released it before toppling himself over the Liverpool's player overextended arm and shoulder... Liverpool was having a brilliant first 30 minutes, actually smoldering Real backline out, Sallah's exit changed the complexity of the game in its entirety...

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,950 Posts
Re: Football, Fotbal, Fútbol, Voetbal, Fußball, Futebol, футбол, Fotball, 足球, Calcio.

Time to focus on World Cup.
Roland Garros is helpful in killing waiting time.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

I hope you're joking. But it's okay if you're not. I've only met a few Americans that understand football.
:happy: I'd say there's little doubt that I understand football better than you do. If you really understood it or, to take your comment to a more relevant tack, knew football history you wouldn't claim that dos Santos is one of the greatest ever. Well unless you mean maybe 30 greatest ever. I could probably squeeze him in there.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

:happy: I'd say there's little doubt that I understand football better than you do. If you really understood it or, to take your comment to a more relevant tack, knew football history you wouldn't claim that dos Santos is one of the greatest ever. Well unless you mean maybe 30 greatest ever. I could probably squeeze him in there.
You do not understand football. That's crystal clear now. Your opinion about Ronaldo is just dumb.

I will entertain your dumb opinion though. Can you please explain to me in which footballing qualities is Ronaldo better than Cristiano Ronaldo?

Each footballing era has grown its legends, some more memorable than others. We are lucky to live in the times of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - two fantastic footballers that are on par with legends like Pelé and Maradona.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
181,509 Posts

So tomorrow is the day! :)

Btw, it been decided today, that the next undecided WM will be in USA, Canada and Mexico. (In 2026 Ithink)

·
HEADBANGER
69,826 Posts

World Cup about to start:cool:

Who You guys think will win it? :)

·
Registered
15,169 Posts

You do not understand football. That's crystal clear now. Your opinion about Ronaldo is just dumb.

I will entertain your dumb opinion though. Can you please explain to me in which footballing qualities is Ronaldo better than Cristiano Ronaldo?

Each footballing era has grown its legends, some more memorable than others. We are lucky to live in the times of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - two fantastic footballers that are on par with legends like Pelé and Maradona.
Nonsense.

OK have at it at the "American" Pov but guess what, Zlatan agrees with Pov too (he calls Cristiano a "trend product" and that the "natural talent" of the original Ronaldo is unsurpassed in modern times. Now what's your excuse gonna be this time to disqualify the opinion of not an American but a European, who moreover has actually played with or against both players?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

Nonsense.

OK have at it at the "American" Pov but guess what, Zlatan agrees with Pov too (he calls Cristiano a "trend product" and that the "natural talent" of the original Ronaldo is unsurpassed in modern times. Now what's your excuse gonna be this time to disqualify the opinion of not an American but a European, who moreover has actually played with or against both players?
Of course Zlatan would say that. He also thought he is the best player in Barca..

Messi and Ronaldo have been selected the world's best player in the past 10 years. Ballon d'Or is an award awarded based on the voting of national managers, captains, and sports journalists. Some more biased than others, but there is no doubt about them being the best of this era and this era isn't weak. Cristiano was considered to be the best young talent in the world before signing with a big European team. Zlatan calling him a trend product is just firing shots for the benefit of his own ego.

Maybe you started to watch football in the end of the 90s and have a bias towards Ronaldo since he was the best player back then. People generally have the "grass used to be greener" feeling about their childhood football heroes. That emphasizes especially if you have a dislike to one of the current best players. I liked Ronaldo too and I was quite heartbroken when Zidane scored those two goals in 98 final, morover because Ronaldo was such a disappointment in that final(he said he had food sickness later).

Anyways. Zlatan is biased, but comparing Ronaldo with CR or Messi is an opinion thing and you can make a case for all of those 3 players. However, the things that pov said in the last page about CR not even coming close to Ronaldo based on "pure skills" and that CR will be barely squeezed into top 30 best players were the dumb statements made in this thread and the only reason for this small rant.

·
Registered
27,439 Posts

Overrated.
1 of his goals was legit good.
The others: Penalty (he looked for the contact with Nacho, who was lame) and De Gea disguised as Santa Claus. :help:

OTOH Diego Costa’s first goal was spectacular. Nacho’s third goal was pretty too.

It was a very good match, entertaining but I feel we should have won this. :(

I liked Spain anw, a lot.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

Today I worked at a public viewing and it was full with spaniards...even though spain didnt win, they had a very nice atmosphere

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
181,509 Posts

95' full time 1-1...

Ithink more ppl plays soccer in Argentina than ppl living in all Iceland. :eek:h:

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts

1 of his goals was legit good.
The others: Penalty (he looked for the contact with Nacho, who was lame) and De Gea disguised as Santa Claus. :help:

OTOH Diego Costa’s first goal was spectacular. Nacho’s third goal was pretty too.

It was a very good match, entertaining but I feel we should have won this. :(

I liked Spain anw, a lot.
I liked Spain a lot too. I'll root for them this tournament (I always do, actually). But there were too many defensive mistakes. They have to sort it out.

Regarding my comment, I was ironic actually on pov's view on him. I believe he is one of the greatest and he showed it again. But you're right about the goals, two of them were quite lucky. But luck is part of the game, he took his chances and got a point for his team by himself. You can see what his big rival (who is greater than him, imo) did today.

3181 - 3200 of 3235 Posts