vs Liezel Huber

Anna Kournikova
vs Anastasia Myskina

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Preview before the tournament

1# Ai Sugiyama is the highest ranked player here. It's the first time she's not in the same tournament as her doubles partner Jie Zheng. She will either play Liezel Huber or Tamarine Tanasugarn.​

4# Lubomira Kurhajcova, LA Finalist will play Austrain Barbara Schett or injured Russian Elena Dementieva.​

3# Iva Majoli will play against Nathalie Dechy.​

2# Daniela Hantuchova, who lost surprisingly to Karolina Sprem last week will play against another Russian Myskina or Kournikova.​

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Commitment List!

1. Nathalie Dechy
2. Barbara Schett
3. Daniela Hantuchova
4. Anastasia Myskina
5. Elena Dementieva
6. Ai Sugiyama
7. Tamarine Tanasugarn

8. Lubomira Kurhajcova
9. Liezel Huber
10. Iva Majoli
11. Anna Kournikova

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Anybody with Kournikova?

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
sure Kournikova/Huber it is:p

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Sugiyama and Myskina!

·
Registered
39,535 Posts
S-T-E-V-E????? Shouldnt u be in the airplane???

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Kournikova ready for Indy

Fresh off a doubles title with first time partner Karolina Sprem in Cincinnati last week, Anna Kournikova looks to continue her good play into the singles draw here at Indianapolis. Kournikova opens up her campain against fellow Moscovite Anastasia Myskina.

Kournikova feels confident about her chances against her fellow countrywoman. When asked about her opening round match, Korunikova replied with, "Well Myskina has a tremendous game. She moves beautifully, she's very consistent, and she knows how to open up the court with her topspin and angles. I'm going to have to look to take the advantage right away and take it to her and end points quickly orelse she's going to run down everything and draw a lot of errors off of my racquet."

Should Kournikova come out the victor against Myskina, she will have a daunting task of facing Daniela Hantuchova, the second seed here at the RCA Championchips. Other players in the bottom half of the draw include 3rd seeded Croatian Iva Majoli, and french woman Nathalie Dechy. Other noteable players in the draw is top seeded Ai Sugiyama and 4th seeded Lubomira Kurhajcova.

Kournikova, already a doubles champion last week in Cincinnati, will look to do some more damage in the doubles draw here. She partners up with Liezel Huber this week and is looking forward to it. " Winning the doubles event last week gives me confidence heading into this weak, both in singles and doubles. I have already played with Huber my very first week on the tour and we lost right away. Even though we as a team are 0-1, it was too early in both our careers and I think we are much better players now. Not that I'm predicting to win the whole tournament, but I just hope we can get at least one win in this week."

Kournikova has been seen both on the practice courts and having a good time with the other players in the player's lounge and signing things for dozens of her fans during her stay this week at Indianapolis. We hope Anna enjoys Indianapolis as much as we are enjoying her time here this week.

Anna Korunikova is seen signing autographs
for her fans after her practice session.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Please use my points of last week.:) S-T-E-V-E has them.

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
I will wait until tomorrow morning and then I will make the results.Sorry for this delay,but I still need some points. Please send it to me until tomorrow :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts