• Neither was done dirty, the correct decision was made in both instances

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
They were equally bad. Only Tauziat also had the whole french team gang on her, not just the Federation or the Fed Cup captain as in Lisa's case.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Yes it was unfair to both. Oh well. In Nathalie's case no French player walked away with a medal, and in all honesty I don't think she would've either even in doubles. There were some really strong teams, especially when even Belarus missed out on bronze.

·
Professional Cynic
3,175 Posts
Both situations were equally as bad. They both didn't get to play despite being the best ranked in their country at what they did.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Well in Raymonds case they did want to send the best team, and the best doubles team in the world was clearly the Williams sisters, so why not send them? Raymond also had her ranking due to being part of another good team, with Stubbs, but since Stubbs wasnt American they couldnt send that team so i think the correct decision was made to send Serena instead.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
What exactly did Tusiat say to make the rest of the french players gang on her?

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
King Lindsay said:
Quite a bit.
Exampls please!!! I know she criticized players like Anna for getting more attention and better treatment for something other than tennis.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Experimentee said:
Well in Raymonds case they did want to send the best team, and the best doubles team in the world was clearly the Williams sisters, so why not send them? Raymond also had her ranking due to being part of another good team, with Stubbs, but since Stubbs wasnt American they couldnt send that team so i think the correct decision was made to send Serena instead.
i thought so too, as much as i dont like that decision,
Williams sisters did win the gold medal, but French team captain
certainly made the wrong decision since without
Natalie, they didnt have a medal, so Natalie was robbed,
however, Lisa has no chance winning gold medal pairing with Lindsay,
so natalie case was worse

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Lisa had every chance of winning the gold medal playing with Lindsay. She was the no. 1 player in the world after all.

Anyway, why would she have to play with Lindsay ? She could have played with Venus.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Exactly Kart. Lisa would have had a definate chance at the gold with Venus/Serena OR Lindsay.

Nat's case is sad because of how all the other french players ganged up on her. I think they were mad about comments she made in her book regarding them? Anyway, Nathalie was better then any of them and should have played.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well gogomaggie, I have only read translated sections here and there, and they were on this board, so take it with a grain of salt. She made some sort of comment about Julie Halard-Decugis' husband being nothing more than a man who holds the toilet door open for her. She commented on Mauresmo being a lesbian, but something to the effect that Mauresmo lets off court events get into her head, or something like that. The harshest thing I read was she told tales of how Fusai was weak mentally and how she was in tears before a couple of matches and had no confidence. I have not a clue about what she said concerning Sandrine.

I got the impression Tauziat was not well liked by her fellow French players before the book came out, but the book made it a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
She was saying that Julie's husband lives through Julie's career. The toilet remark isn't literal.

gogomaggie said:
Exampls please!!! I know she criticized players like Anna for getting more attention and better treatment for something other than tennis.
She said that she liked Anna but that Lindsay should get more attention.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Ryan15 said:
Exactly Kart. Lisa would have had a definate chance at the gold with Venus/Serena OR Lindsay.

Nat's case is sad because of how all the other french players ganged up on her. I think they were mad about comments she made in her book regarding them? Anyway, Nathalie was better then any of them and should have played.
Lindsay retired in singles, and i dont think she would have played doubles
for Venus who won US Open that year.....i dont think she has
paired with Lisa before, so it's more likely that she was gonna
pair up with Monica Seles, i dont think Lisa does have a chance,
plus without Renaa, she is not that much of a legend

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Actually, at the time, Serena Raymond and Morariu were all legitimate choices for the fourth team member.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts