Finesse: 7.5
Strength: 8.5
Fitness: 8
Mental Toughness: 8

Average: 7.81

·
Banned
14 Posts
Knizzle is retarded. Apparently Venus and Davenport have more finesse than Clijsters? Then why does Clijsters have better drop shots, better, more frequent slices, and better, more frequent lobs, plus she angles the ball much more? Ugh you're stupidity astounds me. Anyway.

Wait, not anyway, I also notice how you don't even say volleys, rather, you say "net", which is ridiculously designed around the pathetic volleys of your favorites. Anyway.

Wait, you know what, I'm changing your whole list around, some things are absurd ("fitness"? For top players in the world? They're all fit, believe me, and ditto for "strength").

Serena

Serve: 10
Forehand: 10
Backhand: 9
Court Coverage: 9
Volleys: 4
Finesse: 3

Clijsters

Serve: 8/9
Forehand: 9
Court Coverage: 10
Volleys: 6
Finesse: 9

Henin

Serve: 9
Backhand: 10
Volleys: 9
Finesse: 10

Venus

Forehand: 7
Volleys: 5
Finesse: 2

Capriati

Serve: 7
Backhand: 7
Court Coverage: 8
Finesse: 5

Davenport

Court Coverage: 4
Volleys: 8

Mauresmo

Serve: 8
Volleys: 10

Myskina:

Fastest player on tour, everything else crap. :fiery:

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ProjectMayhem said:
Knizzle is retarded. Apparently Venus and Davenport have more finesse than Clijsters? Then why does Clijsters have better drop shots, better, more frequent slices, and better, more frequent lobs, plus she angles the ball much more? Ugh you're stupidity astounds me. Anyway.

Wait, not anyway, I also notice how you don't even say volleys, rather, you say "net", which is ridiculously designed around the pathetic volleys of your favorites. Anyway.

Wait, you know what, I'm changing your whole list around, some things are absurd ("fitness"? For top players in the world? They're all fit, believe me, and ditto for "strength").

Serena

Volleys: 4

Clijsters

Serve: 8/9

Henin

Volleys: 9

Venus

Volleys: 5

Capriati

Backhand: 7

Davenport

Volleys: 8

Mauresmo

Volleys: 10

Myskina:

Fastest player on tour, everything else crap. :fiery:
Some players are fitter than others, and some are stronger than others. According to you Justine Henin is superwoman. There is NO way her backhand is better than Serena's or on par with Venus'. Apparently you haven't seen how Henin's backhand gets overpowered against the sisters. Clijsters is fast, but her court coverage is not as good as Venus and Serena. Clijsters can only do the splits and take a stab at most balls she runs down while V and S have time to take full swings. Venus' forehand is better than a 7. Clijsters and Henin could only wish they hit as many winners as Venus with their forehand. What happened to mental toughness?? Capriati more finesse than Venus?? That's a laugher. Your list is too biased for words.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
ProjectMayhem if you did not like the topic originally posted by Knizzle, you should not have posted. Simple!

Those are things she/he thought to include or wanted to include and everyone has a right to be respected.

Even your categories are flawed to a large degree!

·
Banned
14 Posts
Knizzle said:
Some players are fitter than others, and some are stronger than others. According to you Justine Henin is superwoman. There is NO way her backhand is better than Serena's or on par with Venus'. Apparently you haven't seen how Henin's backhand gets overpowered against the sisters.
Apparently you haven't seen Henin's game the last few months. Her backhand is nearly as powerful, but her slice is what gives it the advantage.

knizzle said:
Clijsters is fast, but her court coverage is not as good as Venus and Serena. Clijsters can only do the splits and take a stab at most balls she runs down while V and S have time to take full swings.
That's laughable, Clijsters' split allow her to quickly regroup and change momentum, that's why you often see Venus and Serena run for a ball, and after they hit it they're in the crowd because of their momentum, but Clijsters can split and stop on a dime. You said court coverage, not sprint speed, which is clearly a Clijsters advantage with her better anticipation and footwork, and near equal speed.

Venus' forehand is better than a 7. Clijsters and Henin could only wish they hit as many winners as Venus with their forehand.
I've read some truly stupid things on this board, but this one is a real gem. Clijsters and Henin hit way more winners and less errors on their forehand, with better angle and depth. Not even a comparison.

What happened to mental toughness??
Unfortunately I don't know the mental state of all the players, and since winning and mental toughness are always idiotically catagorized together, the list would go something like Venus, Serena, and Henin as mentally tough, everyone else a frail wilting flower, or something like that.

Capriati more finesse than Venus?? That's a laugher. Your list is too biased for words.
Capriati slices more and better, drop shots more and better, lobs more and better, and volleys less but better than Venus, so yes her finesse is better than Venus'. And everyone is biased, so to say that I am too biased for words reflects more on your limited vocabulary than anything else.

Reactions: yukon145

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ProjectMayhem said:
Apparently you haven't seen Henin's game the last few months. Her backhand is nearly as powerful, but her slice is what gives it the advantage.
She doesn't take the ball early enough with her backhand, and it results in her getting outdueled on the backhand side because she gets pushed behind the baseline, and then she gives up a short ball. Watch closely her matches and you will see.

That's laughable, Clijsters' split allow her to quickly regroup and change momentum, that's why you often see Venus and Serena run for a ball, and after they hit it they're in the crowd because of their momentum, but Clijsters can split and stop on a dime. You said court coverage, not sprint speed, which is clearly a Clijsters advantage with her better anticipation and footwork, and near equal speed.
Why is it then, that other players rarely hit alot of winners against the sisters, but you will always see the sisters hitting alot of winners against anybody?? V and S are the best from defense to offense. Clijsters doesn't do well on defense to offense because she stretchs for a stab shot at the ball sending back over the net. And moving foreward backward, diagonally, are all apart of court coverage too, not just moving laterally.

I've read some truly stupid things on this board, but this one is a real gem. Clijsters and Henin hit way more winners and less errors on their forehand, with better angle and depth. Not even a comparison.
They may hit less errors, but Venus hits FAR more winners. Clijsters may hit winners against the lower ranked players, but against the top players. Henin's forehand has improved, but she doesn't hit as many winners as Venus.

Capriati slices more and better, drop shots more and better, lobs more and better, and volleys less but better than Venus, so yes her finesse is better than Venus'. And everyone is biased, so to say that I am too biased for words reflects more on your limited vocabulary than anything else.
Capriati better volleys than Venus?? :eek: You are living in a dream world. Capriati's slice doesn't bother anyone, I don't even know why she hits it. It sits up and quacks like a sitting duck.

You are painting a picture that doesn't go anywhere in line with reality. I guess you are an abstract artist because according to you Henin and Clijsters are far better players than the WS, but for some reason they can't defeat the sisters that often.

·
Banned
14 Posts
In my opinion Henin and Clijsters ARE better players than the Williams sisters, or at least are in the process of developing into better players. However, your retardation prevents you from realizing that a players overall ability can't be judged from a list, because tennis is more intricate than that. And until you figure out the true worth of each skill, (such as, is serving not more important than volleying?), no such argument of a players' superiority can be based on numbers. For now, however, you keep pretending that Venus hits a better forehand than the Belgians.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ProjectMayhem said:
In my opinion Henin and Clijsters ARE better players than the Williams sisters, or at least are in the process of developing into better players. However, your retardation prevents you from realizing that a players overall ability can't be judged from a list, because tennis is more intricate than that. And until you figure out the true worth of each skill, (such as, is serving not more important than volleying?), no such argument of a players' superiority can be based on numbers. For now, however, you keep pretending that Venus hits a better forehand than the Belgians.
I wish Henin and Clijsters would develop already. And you made a list so you speculated as much as I did. Venus' forehand does more damage than either Beigian's. Kimmy's is better than Justine's.

·
Registered
145 Posts
*Cough*

Is there a reason why you throw the words 'retarded' and 'retardation' around so carelessly? It looks to me like Knizzle stated his views and supported them - but the clincher of your arguments seems to be that he is 'retarded' !?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Serena:

Strokes: 8.5
Net: 4
Strength: 10
Fitness: 9

Average: 7.6

Clijsters:

Net: 7
Finesse: 4
Strength: 9
Fitness: 9.5
Mental Toughness: 6

Average: 7.9

Henin-Hardenne:

Strokes: 10
Court Coverage: 9.5
Net: 9.5
Strentgh: 9.5
Fitness: 10
Mental Toughness: 9.5

Average: 9.8

Venus:

Strokes: 7.5
Court Coverage: 9.5
Net: 6
Strength: 9

Average: 7.4

Davenport:

Strokes: 9
Finesse: 6
Strength: 7
Fitness: 6.5
Mental Toughness: 7

Average: 6.8

Mauresmo:

Net: 8.5
Finesse: 8.5
Strength: 8

Average: 8.1

Capriati:

Court Coverage: 8.5

Average: 7.7

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Justine's backhand can perform heavy spin, flat and hard, slice, everything.
Venus' backhand can hit flat and hard, that's it.

Therefore Justine's backhand is the same or even better, IMO.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Serena>

Net: 5
Strength: 10
Mental Toughness: 9

My ratings: 9

Strokes:10
Net: 6
Strength:9
Mental Toughness: 5

My ratings: 8.5

Justine

Net: 9
Mental Toughness: 9

My ratings: 9

Venus

Net: 2
Finesse:1
Strength:10
Mental Toughness: 10

My ratings: 8

Amelie

Serve:7
Strokes:9
Court Coverage:8
Net:9
Finesse:10
Fitness: 1 LOL
Mental Toughness:5

My ratings:8

Davenport

Net: 5

My ratings: 7.5

Cappy

Serve: 5
Net: 2
Fitness: 6

Myskina

Serve: 6
Strokes:7
Net:6
Finesse:9
Strength:6
Mental Toughness:3

My ratings:6

Rubin

Serve: 6
Net:8
Finesse:10
Mental Toughness:7

Dani Hantuchova

Court Coverage:5
Net:3
Finesse:9
Fitness: 4
Mental Toughness: 2

My ratings:5

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Serena
* Serve: 10
* Strokes: 9.5
* Court Coverage: 9
* Net: 7.5
* Finesse: 7.5
* Strength: 10
* Fitness: 9.5
* Mental Toughness: 9.5
Average: 9.06

Clijsters:
* Serve: 8.5
* Strokes: 9
* Court Coverage: 9.5
* Net: 8
* Finesse: 8
* Strength: 8.5
* Fitness: 9
* Mental Toughness: 7.5
Average: 8.5

Henin
* Serve: 9
* Strokes: 8.5
* Court Coverage: 9
* Net: 9.5
* Finesse: 9.5
* Strentgh: 8
* Mental Toughness: 9
Average: 8.93

Venus
* Serve: 9.5
* Court Coverage: 9.5
* Net: 8.5
* Finesse: 8
* Strength: 9.5
* Mental Toughness: 9
Average: 9

Davenport
* Serve: 9
* Court Coverage: 6
* Net: 8
* Finesse: 7.5
* Fitness: 7
* Mental Toughness: 8
Average: 7.87

Mauresmo:
* Serve: 8
* Court Coverage: 8
* Net: 9
* Finesse: 8.5
* Fitness: 8.5
* Mental Toughness: 7
Average: 8.25

Capriati
* Serve: 7.5
* Court Coverage: 7.5
* Net: 7
* Finesse: 7
* Strength: 8
* Fitness: 8.5
* Mental Toughness: 8.5
Average: 7.81

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's good to see everyone posting in here, but I think we need to get over our biases, and rate players realistically. Some players have ridiculously low ratings in some areas, while others are hyped up to almost perfect 10 averages while their on court play and results don't reflect it.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Well I scored not on results, but what they have, I know tennis matches arnt played on paper, but thats the only way you can score this kind of thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.