Tennis Forum banner

941 - 949 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
The Faculty (1998) 7/10

Quite a cool horror starring young Elijah Wood and random cameo of Penelope Cruz (took me off the guard). Special effects surprisingly good for a low budget.

·
Registered
31,589 Posts

The Interpreter - 4/10

Even for the year 2005 in parts (especially the finale) laughably bad, contrived and ridiculous. Poor Catherine Keener reduced to a glorified extra.
Was there something particularly wrong with the year 2005? 🤔

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
Crawl: 6/10
(Alexandre Aja, 2019)

You have to bring strong, original ideas to make a single location movie like this interesting and varied. And "Crawl" just didn't quite have it, it felt long even at just 87 minutes. Kaya Scodelario was great though.

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
Shadow Of A Doubt: 8/10
(Alfred Hitchcock, 1943)

Not quite as fantastic as I had remembered it, almost too straighforward and a little banal. But I really appreciated the more comedic moments, and there were quite a few in it.

·
Premium Member
104,783 Posts
KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE 10/10
I love this. Very wholesome. And the music couldn't be any better.

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
mother!: 5/10
(Darren Aronofsky, 2015)

Did Arronofsky really think he managed to write an interesting female character with this? Why are his ideas about art so staggeringly clichéd? Why are his religious metaphors so tiringly obvious? And why is Jennifer Lawrence wearing a wig? But I did appreciate how completely bonkers the third act was.

941 - 949 of 949 Posts