Tennis Forum banner

921 - 940 of 949 Posts

·
Premium Member
104,783 Posts
La Vérité (The Truth) - 7/10. A decent enough international début for Koreeda. Not the best and not the worst either.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Adam (2009)

8/10.

As a fellow Aspie (like titular charcter), the movie felt engaging to me in all its unpretentiousness. Maybe my high mark is a little bit farfetched but it spoke to me. The first half was stronger than the latter.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Eurovison: Fire Saga - 0/10

Fails at so many levels. The writing and the plot both terrible. Absence of any kind of humour. Will Ferrell is unwatchable and always was. Rachel McAdams is annoying - their scenes together are a chore. The biggest fail - it drags so much and it's so boooring. Nothing is happening in the movie.

Dan Stevens is mildly amusing as in he doesn't make the movie worse than it already is.

Easily the worst movie that I've ever attempted to watch so I gave up about halfway through. That's about as much as I could take watching Ferrell.

Avoid at all costs.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Eurovison: Fire Saga - 0/10

Fails at so many levels. The writing and the plot both terrible. Absence of any kind of humour. Will Ferrell is unwatchable and always was. Rachel McAdams is annoying - their scenes together are a chore. The biggest fail - it drags so much and it's so boooring. Nothing is happening in the movie.

Dan Stevens is mildly amusing as in he doesn't make the movie worse than it already is.

Easily the worst movie that I've ever attempted to watch so I gave up about halfway through. That's about as much as I could take watching Ferrell.

Avoid at all costs.

I like Ferrell only in SNL skits, and mostly older ones. Every single full length movie with him was either bad or disastrous that I've watched.

·
Registered
31,589 Posts

Ford vs. Ferrari, 8/10 - Ostensibly about the battle between Ford and Ferrari, but really about the battle between individuality and conformity, i.e. the mediocrity that corporate culture inflicts on us.

·
Registered
36,364 Posts
The Night of the Hunter: 8/10

·
Registered
12,480 Posts

Relic - 7/10

Entertaining atmospheric horror drama movie with decent acting, I love me some Emily Mortimer, and poignant and symbolism filled storytelling. Probably one of my faves after El Orfanato.

·
Registered
31,589 Posts
The Invisible Man, 9.5/10 - Stellar modernization of H.G. Wells' much-adapted novel, morphed into Hitchcockian psychological horror, and neatly sliding into the #meToo era thematically. Plenty of twists and turns, gripping and unnerving throughout, and featuring an Oscar-worthy performance from Elisabeth Moss. There is one expertly orchestrated shock that flattened me to the back of my chair, the scene is almost worth the price of admission alone. Yes, there are plot-holes, but when a film works as well in so many ways as this one does, the gaps in logic are forgivable, as Hitchcock said "Logic is boring".

·
63,747 Posts

La Dolce Vita - 5/10.

Sorry, but this movie is so overrated. I'm beginning to think the title of the movie is ironic. 😂

La Strada - 7/10.

The last 20 minutes saved the movie.

·
Registered
31,589 Posts
Us, 4/10 - The central conceit of this film never gelled for me. Whenever I was in danger of becoming absorbed in it, the bizarrely stylized voice of Lupita's "Red" character would take me out of it. The way she chose to play the evil alternate was fatal, and the whole idea was just too contrived and I lost interest about half-way through.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts

The Interpreter - 4/10

Even for the year 2005 in parts (especially the finale) laughably bad, contrived and ridiculous. Poor Catherine Keener reduced to a glorified extra.

921 - 940 of 949 Posts