Tennis Forum banner

881 - 898 of 898 Posts

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,146 Posts

·
63,615 Posts
I didn't know Midsommar is directed by the same guy who did Hereditary. :ROFLMAO:

And hate is a strong word. I thought Hereditary was crap and not worth the hype. Midsommar, on the other hand, I actually liked, but I just don't know what rate I should give this movie. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
104,671 Posts
Horrible Bosses 2 - ? /10

I gave up after thirty minutes. A sequel that shouldn't have been and Charlie Day's voice annoyed the fuck out of me.

Five Feet Apart - 5/10

Cole Sprouse is a boring twink. Haley Li Richardson could do better than this.

Wild Rose - 7. 5/10

Good stuff from Jessie Buckley.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I didn't know Midsommar is directed by the same guy who did Hereditary. :ROFLMAO:

And hate is a strong word. I thought Hereditary was crap and not worth the hype. Midsommar, on the other hand, I actually liked, but I just don't know what rate I should give this movie. :ROFLMAO:
Both movies are just like.... what... the... actual... fuck!

·
Premium Member
38,681 Posts

5/5

One of those masterpieces that never get old. 1962. Henri Verneuil from the book of the same name (Antoine Blondin). It's about drinking. There are two kinds of drinkers: the princes of the drink, and the mediocre drinkers. The princes of the drink are big travellers, they fantasize their own world to get through the real world. When they meet, it leads to a fireworks. Gabin and Belmondo are delightful. Noel Roquevert as well. Well, all of them actually. Pretty sure the free tone of the dialogues (adapted by Audiard from Antoine Blondin's book) had a great influence on Bertrand Blier. Musique by Michel Magne, and he has fun. Belmondo dreams of Spain (so you have castanets when he's around) and Gabin dreams of China (so you have Chinese music when he recalls his time).

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
Seventh Son

7,5/10 (it is though contrived mark), I liked it mostly due to Julianne Moore as a villain, and for it being watchable fantasy movie (a rarity).

·
Premium Member
104,671 Posts
DON'T WORRY HE WON'T GET FAR ON FOOT - 5/10. Well-meaning but zzzzzzzzzzz. I dozed off for twenty minutes.

THE NIKAIDOS' FALL - 7.5/10. Surprising to see an Iranian director making a Japanese film without feeling out of place. The story was not exactly original but was a good one to delve into.

TORA SAN WISH YOU WERE HERE - 8/10. Tora san was the main character of a popular Japanese film series of 48 instalments(!) by one of the Japanese greats Yoji Yamada. I watched none of it but was otherwise very engaged in this tribute/reunion film

·
Premium Member
104,671 Posts
Jurassic Park - 8.5/10.

First time watching it (don't judge, dont ask) and it aged really well. Way ahead of its time (1993) and was a fun ride.

Jurassic Park Lost World - 2/10.

Spielberg directed this? I have never seen a worse work by his than this one. Pointless sequel. It was like a slasher b-movie. The third act was RIDICULOUS.

Waves - 9/10.

What a glorious film. Kelvin HARRISON Jr had another spectacular performance after/before Luce. The soundtrack was glorious and the film was so colourful

881 - 898 of 898 Posts