Tennis Forum banner

821 - 840 of 855 Posts

·
Registered
8,013 Posts

Train to Busan - 8/10.
The last decade has growing popularity of zombie movies and TV series. And this is definitely the best zombie movie I've ever watched.

I must watch more Korean movies!
Unlike their music, Korean movies are amazing.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts

Danmarks Sønner (Sons of Denmark, 2019) - 6,5/10

After a massive muslim terrorist attack in Denmark a new radical anti-immigrant party is leading in the polls. Young radicalised Zakaria goes into training to murder the party's leader.
Reading about the premise I was interested but the movie doesn't meet expectations. Definitely some good tension but ultimately a bit too superficial and has a weak ending.

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
The Peanut Butter Falcon: 5/10
(Tyler Nilson, Michael Schwartz, 2019)
Typical crowd-pleasing indie dramedy fare. The performances are fine (although Dakota Johnson has a very unthankful role) and the setting quite beautiful. But the plot mechanics are just too transparent and the life lessons utterly banal.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,097 Posts
I'd like to know Beat's thoughts on The Peanut Butter Falcon tbh

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
Forgotten: 8/10
(Jang Hang-jun, 2017)

(Some more Korean cinema. Available on Netlfix).
What starts out as a seemingly average TV mystery thriller full of genre clichés is greatly elevated by a heartbreaking third act.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
^^ The 'setup' feels a little unrealistic but agree the end is totally heartbreaking ?
❤ the actor who acted as the older brother ❤

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
I, Tonya: 5/10
(Craig Gillespie, 2017)

Watchable, especially thanks to Margot Robbie. But the hyperactive and "sassy" direction, an endless parade of song choices that could not be more on the nose and deepfake level CGI make for a slightly obnoxious end result. And Allison Janney got the Oscar for this caricature? Goodness gracious.

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
La Vérité: 5/10
(Kore-eda Hirokazu, 2019)

Quite a disappointment from the otherwise always reliable Kore-eda Hirokazu, especially after the brilliant "Shoplifters". Let's hope filming with western stars was something he had to get out of his system, because a mix of Woody Allen, Olivier Assayas and Richard Linklater with a hokey score is not what I want from him.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Midnight Special (2016) 7/10

Finally caught this movie on the telly. Nothing much to say just that I usually like the movies Michael Shannon and Kirsten Dunst are in. Joel Edgerton was okay in this as was Adam Driver ?
I liked this movie in comparision to Brightburn. ?

·
Registered
35,793 Posts
El hoyo (The Platform): 4/10
(Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia, 2019)

Thematically trite, technically mediocre and – despite all the violence – ultimately ineffective. The scariest thing about the movie was Antonia San Juan's Jocelyn Wildenstein-like look.

·
Registered
46,604 Posts

A League Of Their Own: 9/10

(have seen quite a few times)

Fantastically done; if the continuity during the gameplay was better it would've been a 10/10. Just some annoying action stuff they f'ed up. Like showing someone hitting a fly ball to right then showing the left fielder making the catch. And some fly balls hit to the 410' marker - come on; women were never doing that.

821 - 840 of 855 Posts