Tennis Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
#1 Vandy over #8 Stanford today in Nashville, 4-1 - Stanford took the doubles point and Vandy took singles wins at 2-5. A little bit of shuffling around with the 'Dores, both with the singles lineup and the two bottom doubles teams. But it worked!
In that movie, "The Last Samurai" there's reference to a good death as being honorable. The lost to Vandy is a good defeat. It will serve its purpose as highlight film for the year to come. Even a loss to Florida will be good too! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Which program has had those kind of results in the last 8 years AND these results are dismal compared to Lele's first 8 years!!!
Like I was saying...

First 7 years, lost 5 matches total and won 5 NCAA Championships!!!

I guess if you're expecting those kinds of results TODAY, you certainly have reason to be disappointed but I like seeing the competition even up and now you really can't say for sure who is going to win it, but I know for sure never count out Stanford and never count out Florida!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
lawl those rankings... if it's any legit, one thing I know is UF is definitely going to be battle tested come NCAA since there are 9 SEC teams in top 25...

·
Registered
124 Posts
next up for Cal is Arizona State. Since that win seems to mean more than a win over Florida, I guess they will move back in first next week.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So, I haven't been paying much attention this season but I see Stanford is 17th with their last match tomorrow vs Cal. And USC is #21. And UCLA is #23.

Are all these teams really not going to host 1st/2nd rounds? This is really hilarious.

I guess there'll be more unseeded teams than ever advancing to NCAAs and I'm sure the ITA will credit that to the parity created by their brilliant new scoring system.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It will be nice for them to have the privilege of experiencing what a lot of other communities look like and let other locations get to see great tennis.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
So, I haven't been paying much attention this season but I see Stanford is 17th with their last match tomorrow vs Cal. And USC is #21. And UCLA is #23.

Are all these teams really not going to host 1st/2nd rounds? This is really hilarious.

I guess there'll be more unseeded teams than ever advancing to NCAAs and I'm sure the ITA will credit that to the parity created by their brilliant new scoring system.
I wonder if those cancelled matches between the norcal and socal schools will happen. If any of the 3 teams are able to beat Cal, I would imagine that would help with them hosting (definitely Stanford).

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Stanford comes back to beat Cal 4-3. Chi had several match points in her tiebreak but Doyle stayed tough and ended up winning. Hauger didn't have enough in the tank as Lampl moved ahead to clinch it 6-3 in the 3rd (she was down 2-3).

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Stanford comes back to beat Cal 4-3. Chi had several match points in her tiebreak but Doyle stayed tough and ended up winning. Hauger didn't have enough in the tank as Lampl moved ahead to clinch it 6-3 in the 3rd (she was down 2-3).
Nice win, but it's just a stepping stone in the right direction.
Both teams held their own at home.
I still consider Cal the better team at a neutral site.
Much respect for Lampl for pulling out the win, which I think was the 5th match she clinched. :worship:

Who would have though Krista would be the hottest player on their team right now? :grin2:

61 - 78 of 78 Posts