Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selecting the top five of anything can be a difficult and a hectic task. There have been a number of great women tennis players over the last 52 years of the Open Era. Changes in nutrition, fitness regimes and racquet technology has made the task all the more difficult.

Here's a view point: Five Greatest Women's Tennis Players Of All Time

·
Registered
254 Posts
1. Graf (Golden Slam, most number one weeks, greatest dominance ever seen - 13 consecutive slam finals and winning 9 of them, close to slam record despite short career)
2. Court
3. Navratilova
4. Williams
5. Evert

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
1 Court
2 Martina
3 Graf
4 Lenglen
5 Hellen Wills

I avoided putting players who are currently active, as who knows what will happen with them (although I doubt any of them deserve to enter here)

·
Registered
114,010 Posts
Almost impossible. Just opinion
1 Navratilova
2 Serena
3 Graf
4 Evert
5 Seles (because she might be #1 if not knifed by a Graf fan for being so great)

Reactions: Rex59

·
Premium Member
40,461 Posts
All time means all time.

·
Art & Futures
20,448 Posts
We should create a thread doing top 5 greatest women tennis players of all time using currently unusual sets of statistics (i.e. lowest ratio of losses:wins to low-ranked players, finals conversion rate, staying power in top 20, ELO, # of tournaments played in developing nations, # of tournaments won without receiving an appearance fee, etc.)

·
Registered
829 Posts
1 Court
2 Martina
3 Graf
4 Lenglen
5 Hellen Wills

I avoided putting players who are currently active, as who knows what will happen with them (although I doubt any of them deserve to enter here)
I know this is your opinion...but are you really serious??

·
Banned
5,263 Posts
1. BEPA
2. Seles
3. Kuznetsova
4. Meusburger
5. Liksucka khumkum. (Greatest name ever).

1 - 20 of 78 Posts