Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is not a very likely situation, but I was just wondering what would happen.

According to the ranking rules, a player must win at least one match to obtain the round points corresponding to the round she reached.

That means that if a player loses her first match, doesn't matter in what round she gets 1 point (or 2 in the GS) with the exception of the WTA Championships.

For example, if a player gets a bye in the first round, then a walkover in the second and loses in the third, she gets one point.

I don't think that it ever happened but, if a player gets to the final of a tournament without playing (with several walkovers) and then loses the final, she gets 1 point.

Now, what would happen if a player wins a tournament by default? I know it's very unlikely, but what if a player wins all matches because all her opponents withdrew, so she wins the tournament without winning any match, but without losing either. Does she get winner points or one point?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It never happened and it's likely that it never will. But I guess, being the last one standing (literally), the player would at least get the round pts, with no quality points.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
U read my mind Fingon...cos I was going to post the same kinda thread.

Reactions: Rtael
1 - 3 of 3 Posts