Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
Was always going to happen anyway. Justine threw away around 15 weeks.
Yeah I think it's honorable she dropped out of the rankings, but she would have gotten some free points. I still will never understand why she didn't defend RG and then retire :eek:

Oh well, it's water under the bridge. Serena will have to stay at #1 over the U.S. Open to pass her I think.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
She's #18, I so want her to secure top 16 seed. She needs a SF or better to secure top 16. I Wished she had play Rome for points.

·
Registered
192 Posts
She's #18, I so want her to secure top 16 seed. She needs a SF or better to secure top 16. I Wished she had play Rome for points.
why 16?? if she will be seeded 16.. she will face serena on QF... im hoping for a QUARTERENA again circa 2007.. :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,069 Posts
why 16?? if she will be seeded 16.. she will face serena on QF... im hoping for a QUARTERENA again circa 2007.. :bounce:
Best scenario would be winning madrid, then she has a good chance to be top12 seed still. Top16 means she will face a top4 player in the 4th round. Which means either Serena, Venus, Wozniacki or ..... (totally open still)

So maybe its better she's not top16 because the chance is greater she avoids serena or venus?

Top12 would be the perfect scenario but she would need to win madrid and no other player going over the 3570 points. Which is possible, but not sure at all.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Code:
Austr. Open     2010   1400
Roland Garros   2009      0
Wimbledon       2009      0
US Open         2009      0
---------------------------
Indian Wells    2010     50
Miami           2009    450 
Madrid          2009      0
Beijing         2009      0
===========================
Stuttgart       2010    470
Brisbane        2010    200
===========================
Total           2010   2570
Current situation.

First tournament of 2010 of Ju I miss and she wins it. I'll make sure to miss more :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Actually, if Justine was seeded 13-16, she might draw Serena in the Round of 16, not the quarterfinals. If you want her to potentially play Serena in the quarters, you want her to either get up to 12th, or stay about where she is and hope she gets drawn against a player seeded 9-12 for the fourth round. If Justine stays where she is (in the 17-24 group), she will be drawn against a 9-16 player in the third round and will have a 50-50 chance of getting drawn against a top four player in the fourth round.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Well, an even bigger setback than IW this. So far she couldn't even benefit much from her favourite part of the season in terms of points :sad:

This means she will get drawn against a 9-16 player in the third round of RG (Radwanska, Clijsters, Azarenka, Sharapova, Wickmayer, Bartoli, Pennetta as it stands right now) and either a top 4 player or a 5-8 player in the fourth round.

·
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom
3,781 Posts
Well, an even bigger setback than IW this. So far she couldn't even benefit much from her favourite part of the season in terms of points :sad:

This means she will get drawn against a 9-16 player in the third round of RG (Radwanska, Clijsters, Azarenka, Sharapova, Wickmayer, Bartoli, Pennetta as it stands right now) and either a top 4 player or a 5-8 player in the fourth round.
wonderful.....

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I've seen 12 floating around in GM. I dunno if any of the quarterfinalists can deter her from that if they progress further. She may be top 10 come USO.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts